Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod vs V-Amp

Hey guys! Need a bit of help...

In the tips and clips forum, Lee and Sly reffered me to a modelling amp which I could just go [guitar --> modelling amp --> computer] to directly record clips and stuff like that.

I have a few choices given to me (and others which I have heard)... they are:

Behringer V-Amp 2
    Behringer X V-Amp
    Line 6 Podxt
    Line 6 Pod 2.0

I wanted to know if I would be able to put all of them into my computer and record WITHOUT a "normal" amp (for lack of a better word).

Also, anyone who has experience about these amps, if you have any comments, the quality of these products in relation to each other - I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks in advance...!
    Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Pod vs V-Amp

Either of these devices will do what you require.

I would also check out the (often ignored) Yamaha DGStomp and Johnson J-Station.
    °
    my stuff

Comment

Wicked! Thanks marin
      Last edited by Rainmaker; 07-16-2004, 08:48 AM.
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Ive played the V-amp 2 and the POD 2.0. I ended up buying a second hand POD 2.0. The v-amp was all plastic and the pod was metal casing. The sounds were fairly even, but i thought the POD had a slight edge in tone some how. Thats how i would sum up the 2.

As far as computer use, i don't know. the POD did have MIDI in and out jacks but i wouldnt know how they work with the computer since my computer here is bad!

Comment

I would recommend the vox tonelab, it's a vastly superior to those two. But if you're on a budget, go for the pod

Comment

hard to go wrong with the POD 2.0

the XT is kinda complicated but you can get good sounds out of it - but i wouldnt buy one, i'd look for a second hand POD 2 if you can it'd be good value for money
            My clips

Originally posted by Rid
            How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Thank you guys SO much! Really helps

One last thing, what about that funny Pod one which is has a rotating center? What's that all about?

Comment

Okay, final question is - how does the V-Amp 2 or X V-Amp compare with the Pod Guitar Port? (mentioned in my post above)...

What are the differences?

Thank you guys a bunch - the most helpful ever!

Comment

The POD has a much sturdier package. The V-Amp is plastic with cheap jacks. It's ok for the $$$, but the POD is more durable.
                  Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                  https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                  Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

There are several Digitech models (GNX1, etc.) that do a good job as well. Although a bit bulky, they are very sturdy with built in expression pedal, CD input, 1/4" stereo and headphone outputs, basic built-in drum machine/metronome. I can find serviceable sounds in my GNX1 for late night headphone practice and computer recording.

Comment

Working...
                    X