Buying a Bass.... suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buying a Bass.... suggestions?

I'm not sure what the price is, but one of my bass players has a http://www.godinguitars.com/godinbgp.htm in 5 string. Amazing for metal and modern hard rock.

Comment

NICK YOUR A HOMO.....oh and yes....BTBS BABY

Comment

fender p-bass special, seriously, j-bass neck, and the best of both worlds as far as pickups are concerned

or maybe a squire one

if you want something heavier than that, i'd say either a schecter or an esp
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

hmm my bassist has one of the cheaper schecters.

its pretty solid and sounds alright, bit too boomy with the bass eq all the way up for any use whatsoever but its not a bad bass.

neck on its big n comfy
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

P-Bass.

Then you can pop in an EMG-P or a Duncan or a Fender Custom Shop Pickup. You absolutely cannot go wrong with a P-Bass.
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I would consider going to citipawn downtown Kitchener, and seeing if they have any deals on new Ibanez Basses. Or trying to find a used DWB2 Bass for about $600 or something. Ibanez Bass guitars with active pickups are actually quite versatile for the money. Yamaha Bass guitars are also really versatile for the money. If its his first bass he doesnt need something proffesional quality, but if you want to get something close, and pay less, Ibanez and Yamaha guitars are a good choice. You can also get a used Fender P-Bass for about $500 CDN in good shape from Busters.
              Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

it sounds like it's a toss-up between an Ibanez and a P-bass... I guess I'll go to the store with him and check the out for playability and tone. Thanks guys!
                • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                • G&L Tribute Comanche
                • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
                X