My Pickguard Is All Wired Up For The "Blender Pot"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pickguard Is All Wired Up For The "Blender Pot"

Awaiting my complete set of Antiquity Surfers from Lew...Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll have em?

Those of you that now currently own the Texas Hots and the Surfers,I want your tonal opinions...I Love the Texas Hots and I anticipate having the same results with the Surfers...How much difference does the A2 vs A5 poles weigh into the equation?

John
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-17-2004, 03:28 PM. Reason: No Return Posts...Reworded for some answers.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: My Pickguard Is All Wired Up For The "Blender Pot"

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
    Awaiting my complete set of Antiquity Surfers from Lew...Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I'll have em?

Those of you that now currently own the Texas Hots and the Surfers,I want your tonal opinions...I Love the Texas Hots and I anticipate having the same results with the Surfers...How much difference does the A2 vs A5 poles weigh into the equation?

John
    When you blend the neck and bridge pickups together,does it have a kind of humbucker sound or does it make the bridge pickup fuller?

Someone please explain what happens when you introduce the neck pickup in with the bridge pickup with this mod...Lew where are you on this one buddy? I really need to know what to expect before bolting the guard back onto my strat once the pickups are installed?

So..What specifically does this Blender Pot Mod do?
    I'm expecting some posts on this guys..Thanks...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

John,

On my one it does not give you a humbucker sound - its just gives you a fuller bridge or middle pup sound and expands the tonal range. You will find that it has a bit of warmth but also some bite and you will get addicted to the sound. It will mean that you have at least a nother couple of useable tones and that you will be using that bridge pup more.

What tends to happen is that you will start to dial in how much of the neck or mid you want and when you find your sweet spot and that's it. I have found that I have had to change some of my o/d settings accordingly but that is a simple tweak. Of course mine are the Fralins hot pups with the baseplate and will be slightly different to the ones that you have.

I don't think you will be disappointed in the mod.

Norman
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
        When you blend the neck and bridge pickups together,does it have a kind of humbucker sound or does it make the bridge pickup fuller?

Someone please explain what happens when you introduce the neck pickup in with the bridge pickup with this mod...Lew where are you on this one buddy? I really need to know what to expect before bolting the guard back onto my strat once the pickups are installed?

So..What specifically does this Blender Pot Mod do?
        I'm expecting some posts on this guys..Thanks...

John
        John it will be most like a tele middle position, not humbuckerish (mainly because of the parallel connection). That's fully blended though, in the partially blended amounts ... I echo what Norman stated, it will add fullness to the bridge position and bite to the neck position. The 2 & 4 positions take on a special magic, when maxed with all three very glassy and spacious; very etheral sounding with chorus,delay, and reverb. The extra fullness does however tend to make the lowered tone control settings warmer and thicker, maybe a bit humbucker like in those settings. Either way I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised, it's not gimmicky at all ...
        Last edited by Kent S.; 07-17-2004, 04:25 PM.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
          John it will be most like a tele middle position, not humbuckerish (mainly because of the parallel connection). That's fully blended though, in the partially blended amounts ... I echo what Norman stated, it will add fullness to the bridge position and bite to the neck position. The 2 & 4 positions take on a special magic, when maxed with all three very glassy and spacious; very etheral sounding with chorus,delay, and reverb. The extra fullness does however tend to make the lowered tone control settings warmer and thicker, maybe a bit humbucker like in those settings. Either way I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised, it's not gimmicky at all ...
          Very cool info guys..Thanks so much..

Comment

Funny you brought up this topic. The next thing I'm doing to a strat is to install Surfers and a blend pot. I have a feeling the name "Surfers" scares some players, since good Alnico 5 pickups like those sound great for ANY style. I'm digging my Fender Fat 50's, but am looking forward to trying something different. The Surfers are my choice for 'next' pickups.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X