banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYC people, where to go to find good used amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC people, where to go to find good used amps?

I'm gonna go into the city some time in the near future in my search for some good used amps. If you happen to know of a store (guitar store preferably, but pawn shops would work too) which regularly has a good stock of used tube amps at reasonable prices, please let me know. I'm open minded as far as what I'm looking for, I might end up getting a Fender, might end up getting a Laney. I'm not looking to spend over $600.

Thanks for any and all help,
    Jacob

Re: NYC people, where to go to find good used amps?

I forget the shop, I want to say Manny's? that has a receipt for liek 6 guitars that where bought by Jimi Hendrix and it has his signature on it. The stuff in their I remember was a little pricey, but cool. Only music shop I can think of offhand.

Comment

Rudy's is a very cool guitar store. Its on the same street ( w. 48th. st.) as Sam Ash and manny and a bunch of other music stores. If you get to NYC make sure to visit west 48th street, its near times square.
      MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

Will do Brian, thanks.

Comment

If You go down to the village There's Carmine st. Guitars (on carmine st.)
          And just around the corner on Bleeker st. is Matt Umanov's. But believe
          me, your not gonna find many great deals in Manhatten. If you want to
          venture out to Long Island I would recomend N.Y. Guitar repair on Rt,110
          Melville or Michael's music sunrise Hwy. Freeport. (both or on ebay) if
          you wanna check there invertory?
          http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Working...
          X