A question about 1x12 cabs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about 1x12 cabs.

I was wondering if this was possible. To buy a 1x12 in the future to add to the dsl 401 but put one of those g12h-30w speakers in the seperate 1x12 cab and use it at the same time as the speaker in the combo. What I'm asking is when you use two seperate 1x12s can the speaker in the extension be a lower power handdling than the amps wattage, so my main question is when you use two speakers at once do they share the wattage? if that makes sense. by the way I thought about just getting one of those avatar 2x12 cabs but if I already have a 1x12 in the combo is all I need is 1 more to get a 2x12 and it would be alot more portable. thanks

Re: A question about 1x12 cabs.

I like to have higher rated speakers than my amp's output. I find that they can reproduce more lows and highs before flubbing out than lower power handling speakers. Sometimes I do go overboard though, I have a EV speaker rated at 200w in my 1x12 that I use with my Bassman head.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: A question about 1x12 cabs.

Yes, this should work. If you keep with a Marshall cab, it should fit nicely under the combo, as well ...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
      X