Fender Blues Jr. as an acoustic amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Jr. as an acoustic amp?

How do you guys who own/have tried a Fender Blues Jr. think it would fare as an acoustic guitar amp? I realize you're generally not supposed to use an electric amp for an acoustic (feedback, etc).. but has anyone tried it?
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Re: Fender Blues Jr. as an acoustic amp?

I tried it with a Gibson Chet Atkins SST and it wasn't that bad at all (for low volumes). At high volumes though, it does start to break up a bit, which to me, is undesireable for an acoustic sound. The best inexpensive acoustic amp I've played is the SWR Strawberry blonde. It has a ton of control options, connectivity, and when you turn the tweeter off, it does a very good job as a jazz amp with electric.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: Fender Blues Jr. as an acoustic amp?

I have used both of mine during a practice for some of my acoustic guitars and it was alright but nothing special and you will not get to use the proper frequencies of the guitar coming thorugh. A proper acoustic amp is reqlly required and Fender do the Acoustasonic amps if you want to stick with Fender.

Probably the best acoustic amp is an AER Compact 60, its atwin channel compact acoustic amplifier. 60W/4 ohms, 4 digital effects, high end line input stage, three band tone control.tuner, line, phones-, di-out, effect- loop, footswitch, effect on/off etc. But it ain't cheap!!

Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
      X