I Officially hate crat for reasons other than, "they're crate,"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Officially hate crat for reasons other than, "they're crate,"

so, after succesfulyl fixing my Squier amp, my Kustom amp and my friend's Kustom, I decided to try to fix my friends crate... that was a bad idea. I opened her up and the reverb unti was floating around. The double sided tape had lost it's adhesiveness, so, it hit the chip board. So, anyway. Upon trying to fix it, I found three caps ripped out of the equilizer circuit, I put them back in and... NOTHING! I looked around some more, checked all the connection, even soldered them in. The amp did nothing but buzz and crackle. It was so wierd....
    so, it's official, I HATE CRATE!
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: I Officially hate crat for reasons other than, "they're crate,"

why don't you cry about it?

just kidding, yeah crate blows, behringer does too, with the exception of the bx1200, i have that thing sounding like the meanest tube amp ever
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

i got a crate .. the reverb unit sucks ass, but i love the tone i get from it using the smash box (i know i'd get better tones if i used a better amp, but i got this one for $200)

Comment

the amp could be part of the problem, but I dont think the reverb unit would fly around with enough force to knock sh*t around without it being a little abused beyond normal use.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
          the amp could be part of the problem, but I dont think the reverb unit would fly around with enough force to knock sh*t around without it being a little abused beyond normal use.
          Ditto, sounds like it was dropped out of an airplane. Crates are not the best amps but I've sure heard many that get very nice sounds. A friend of mine had a 30 watt with 1 -12 and my Les Paul sounded so good through that amp

Comment

Working...
          X