The modulation poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The modulation poll

i will always love chorus but phasers are close second. i never liked flangers that much.
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
      Aren't delays considered modulators? Where's the delays? I'd say delay is the most commonly used mod followed by a chorus of some sort.
      No, but delay based effects can incorporate modulation (chorus and flanging are delay based effects), so it's pitch transposing, but it not modulation.So it reverb, but it's not modulation. Modulation in itself can be periodic (LFO) or envelope controlled (dynamic),or even manual (continous control pedal) but that's more of the means than the effect. A phaser technically is a time based effect (phase), but the time involved is some small that is bears more in common with filter effects ... and one could argue that it is both ... simply because all filters (and it uses all pass filters) are non-linear time delays (albeit extremely small amounts of time delay).
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

chorus by far and its basically the only modulation effect i use. I use a danelectro cool cat by the way, and its awesome. I have a "tremelo"(its actually a vibrato) effect on my super reverb thats usless.
        Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
        The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

I hardly ever use any effects (I play with another guitarist and keys). I do like the way my Boss CE2 sounds when dinking on my own, though. Analog Chorus rocks!.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
            chorus by far and its basically the only modulation effect i use. I use a danelectro cool cat by the way, and its awesome. I have a "tremelo"(its actually a vibrato) effect on my super reverb thats usless.
            Those Danelectros sound really good. I had a Hash Brown Flanger that sounded better than my Boss BF-2 ever did.
            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
            Originally posted by Sosomething
            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I use modulation sparingly. On the prettier stuff, I'll use a chorus; but not like in the 80's when I had two Ibanez CS-9's in the chain...
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

for me its the MXR Phase 90 with the R28 mod....very nice
                Fender John Mayer Strat
                Gibson SG Special w/ JB bridge
                PRS Soapbar II SE
                Bad Cat Cub IIR 1x12
                Budda Twinmaster and matching 2x12 cab

Taylor 614CE

Comment

Working...
                X