Got my DS-1 from Stratdeluxer97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my DS-1 from Stratdeluxer97

And it rocks , I liked the pedal when I got it but it sounds much more alive now like a blanket was taken off the speakers. Thanks John!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Got my DS-1 from Stratdeluxer97

Originally posted by 51501984
    And it rocks , I liked the pedal when I got it but it sounds much more alive now like a blanket was taken off the speakers. Thanks John!

Rich...it's always great to hear from guys that like the DS1 mods..Appreciate you taking the time to post about it and glad it's working out ok for ya buddy....Thanks again.

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Wish I had a pedal I could send to SD97 ... not much you can do with a Fulltone, tho, I would imagine ...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

sounds like you do some great work, SD97. I might contact you when I get more money :P
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
          sounds like you do some great work, SD97. I might contact you when I get more money :P
          Anytime buddy...Just shoot me an IM if I can help..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Any chance there are mods that can be done with a blues driver? I have one, and can get some good sounds, but it seems very limited. I definitely don't find as much use for it as I'd like to. Anything that can be done to improve it?

Comment

stratdeluxer, which modded pedal do you personally prefer for strat tones-DS-1 modded or Tubescreamer modded?

And just curious, what amp do you play thru?
              -Dan
              2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Looks like another satisfied customer, John... has anyone ever NOT liked the mods?
                7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984
                  haha one blanket less on your amp.... i love this feeling....and it makes me

SD97 what did you mod? can u sum up it or do you have a link to the mod?
                  i'm interested in what gives such good result.
                  it's great how small things can make a good sound even better.
                  RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                  TS 7 (modded)
                  Hot Rod 50+ XL
                  Framus Dragon 4x12
                  V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
                    Looks like another satisfied customer, John... has anyone ever NOT liked the mods?
                    So far honestly just 1 member didn't get along with the DS1 mod...Pretty good averages though that I can live with...

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
                      stratdeluxer, which modded pedal do you personally prefer for strat tones-DS-1 modded or Tubescreamer modded?

And just curious, what amp do you play thru?
                      -Dan
                      Dan...The pedals are apples and oranges buddy...I Love em both...
                      I Play through either my BF Pro Reverb,BF Deluxe Reverb,or my Fender Cyber Twin...All of my mods are played at home through my 50 watt non-master Marshall head into a V30 4x12 cabinet...I voice my pedals using either my strat with Antiquity Texas Hots or my other blue strat loaded with Surfers and a Twangbanger bridge...If the pedals sound ballsy and great with a strat,they'll sound good overall then...

John

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe01
                        Any chance there are mods that can be done with a blues driver? I have one, and can get some good sounds, but it seems very limited. I definitely don't find as much use for it as I'd like to. Anything that can be done to improve it?
                        Yes...This pedal is pricey to mod,as the caps are more expensive,but yes it can be modded...I don't currently own this pedal and it isn't one I really have to have...

John

Comment

Working...
                        X