X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Deal On A Standard SG

My Sound Clips

Re: Nice Deal On A Standard SG

That's not a standard, its a 61RI and it is a decent price used. I bought mine new about 6 months ago for $1199.

Comment

Problem with that is that it's only a mere couple hundred less than if it were brand new. And it's got about a week to go...worth keeping an eye on, but not to get your hopes up.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
        That's not a standard, its a 61RI and it is a decent price used. I bought mine new about 6 months ago for $1199.
        Wow, how did you get it for $1199? Don't the 61 reissue usually run for around $1500?
        MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

looks like a good deal... but I've seen new SG standards for about $100 more... regardless, still good.
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Grr... GAS blows.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
              looks like a good deal... but I've seen new SG standards for about $100 more... regardless, still good.
              SG standard is a lesser guitar, I wouldn't want to pay $100 more for a lesser model guitar (not that there's anything wrong with standards).

I got mine from Saul at www.ccitymusic.com , never pay sticker and always call the cmaller boutique dealers because they have killer non-advertised prices (Gibson and most other brands won't allow them to advertise the real price they sell them for as its too low). Also check www.wildwoodguitars.com , www.davesguitar.com , http://www.wichitaband.com/guitar.html, all great dealers with killer prices. I think the 61 might have gone up a little since I bought mine, but garunteed to be waaay less than the $1550 MF and everyone else advertises them for. Same for every other model too. I got a 2001 Les Paul standard new in 2002 for $1300, I got an SG standard last year for $890, and I just bought an alpine white Les Paul studio (that I'm selling due to GAS) for $1050 (they retail for $1250 at MF).

Comment

SG standard is a lesser guitar, I wouldn't want to pay $100 more for a lesser model guitar (not that there's anything wrong with standards).

I got mine from Saul at www.ccitymusic.com , never pay sticker and always call the cmaller boutique dealers because they have killer non-advertised prices (Gibson and most other brands won't allow them to advertise the real price they sell them for as its too low). Also check www.wildwoodguitars.com , www.davesguitar.com , http://www.wichitaband.com/guitar.html, all great dealers with killer prices. I think the 61 might have gone up a little since I bought mine, but garunteed to be waaay less than the $1550 MF and everyone else advertises them for. Same for every other model too. I got a 2001 Les Paul standard new in 2002 for $1300, I got an SG standard last year for $890, and I just bought an alpine white Les Paul studio (that I'm selling due to GAS) for $1050 (they retail for $1250 at MF).
                Tattooed Carrot, do you know of any boutique dealers that I can check out in the new york area. (Mainly manhatten and the 5 boroughs.)
                MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

Very nice axe. If I never bought my Epi, I'd grab one of these.
                  -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
                  Vox VT15
                  Washburn D10SCE
                  Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Brian110687
                    Tattooed Carrot, do you know of any boutique dealers that I can check out in the new york area. (Mainly manhatten and the 5 boroughs.)
                    No, I'm in CA and have delt with all over the phone and had the guitars shipped. They are small operations so they will be sure to send you good stuff. I've been to ccity music once, the other times were over the phone since they are a couple hours away. I've never been unhappy, and even if you are, they all have easy enough return policies to make you happy.

Comment

Take a look at the sellerīs way of "describing" shipping costs.....

If you win this auction send me your address and I will calculate shipping and get back to you promptly.
                      Sounds to me like heīs already got the air pump in his hands
                      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

You must have gotten a rare deal on the LP Standard because I called one of these places and talked to all of the local shops of which some of the owners I know......non came even close to $1300.

Comment

That is a killer price for the '61 reissue, however I prefer the Standard for the fatter tone, fatter neck, and stronger build.

Comment

Working...
                          X