Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd on a jackson

lets say i were to get a ke-3 and buy a black floyd for it
    is there like any thing special i ahve to lookout for when i buy the replacement floyd?? liek measurements or something??
    or will any do?
    Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
    Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
    and a Marshall Avt20

Re: floyd on a jackson

The only variable that you have to consider, AFAIK, is the nut size. Dimensions are on the official Floyd Rose website.
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
      The only variable that you have to consider, AFAIK, is the nut size. Dimensions are on the official Floyd Rose website.
      Keep the original Locking nut, drop in either a Schaller or an Original Floyd (the Gotoh units I´m not sure will fit), and you´re good to go.

Avoid the Floyd Rose PRO (the Lo-Profile version). From what I´ve been understanding at the J/C Forum it doesn´t fit without modifying the cavity, although I´ve never tried it myself (I hate Lo-Pro Trems)
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
        Avoid the Floyd Rose PRO (the Lo-Profile version). From what I´ve been understanding at the J/C Forum it doesn´t fit without modifying the cavity, although I´ve never tried it myself (I hate Lo-Pro Trems)
        LOL ... the Lo Pro is the most finnicky trem I've ever encountered!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
          Keep the original Locking nut, drop in either a Schaller or an Original Floyd (the Gotoh units I´m not sure will fit), and you´re good to go.....
          (Quoting Myself, How Uncool )

Not quite, Zerb. It´s a good idea to replace the factory Posts and bushings with the Original Floyd parts. The Knife edges on the OFR will last longer and the whole construction becomes a bit more stable
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
          X