Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Epiphone LPs

Originally posted by bryvincent
    no. most lps have transluscent finish. all the sunbursts ived seen have transluscent finish except the joe perry sig. and the black burst i think which have solid colored backs along with the white custom and the black beauty.the gold tops have dark brown transluscent finished back.
    Really... I've been around quite a few LPs... I've seen some with transclucent all around... but... I've seen a lot with opaque finishes on the back and necks... ah, well. Maybe we've each seen a differant breed of epiphones.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Originally posted by Indie P Bass
      Really... I've been around quite a few LPs... I've seen some with transclucent all around... but... I've seen a lot with opaque finishes on the back and necks... ah, well. Maybe we've each seen a differant breed of epiphones.
      yeah maybe, remember epis come from various factories!
      2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

yeah maybe, remember epis come from various factories!
        but most LP's come from the same factory... but, there are frequent line changes... so... ah, well. Don't think I'm being a jerk, I was just curious how you knew.

Comment

epi has 3 factories in korea and 2 in china. have you seen or played a real gibson les paul?
          2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

epi has 3 factories in korea and 2 in china. have you seen or played a real gibson les paul?
            actually... the only real gibby's I've played are a slew of explorers, a few SG's, a few Jumbo acoustics and one flying V. I was never too impressed with those, so, to try and keep my illusions, I only try epi LP's and believe the gibbys are twice as nice, at least.

Didn't know about the 2 factories in china. I knew they had a few in korea. But, aren't the special models and the strat models built in the samick factory, too?

Comment

Working...
            X