Need to solve this wiring problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to solve this wiring problem!

I posted a message at the first of the month about a wiring schematic I am needing to get ahold of. I had some help but it was not quite there -
    What I am looking for is 1-humbucker, 1-tone, 1-volume, then the tricky part that keep throwing me off is they said to look something like a rectangle with 6 dots (double pole, double throw), and a rectangle with 3 dots (single pole, single throw. As you can see this is not my area of intelligence. Just trying to help a friend out in finding this info for them. If there is anyone that may know what I am looking for please scream my way - I am knee deep in mud here and can't find it! Thanks in advance

Re: Need to solve this wiring problem!

Can you find out what exactly he is trying to do with this wiring? That might make it a little easier for someone to help you. Unless we know what he wants to do with those two push/pull switches, we can't help with a wiring diagram.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

thanks for the response - I just put a call into him and will ask - is that really the only thing I need to find out or is there other info that would help solve this puzzle I have put myself into. Ya'll have been a great help and also not making me feel to much like an idiot.

Comment

Someone should be able to help if you can find out exactly what he wants to do with those two push/pull pots. I imagine the SPST pot is for coil splitting, as that's about all you can do with a SPST pot. But I'm not sure what he wants to do with the DPDT switch...I'm guessing maybe he wants the option to switch the coils from series to parallel. Those are the only two options I can think of with a single humbucker guitar.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X