So what do you guys think....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you guys think....

Should I buy a Gibson SG Standard or should I save up and wait a really long time and buy a Gibson Les Paul standard....(BTW I play music from the bands I listed in my Sig).And I can't try them out cause my local guitar store doesn't have neither one, so thats why I'm asking....Oh ya and this is for a really important birthday of mine so if I have to save up for the Paul then I probably won't get anything for my bday...
    ---
    Fave Bands: Led Zeppelin, Maiden, Van Halen, Metallica, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, OZZY/Sabbath!

Re: So what do you guys think....

i think the sg. but if you think you can cut it with your current axe, wait for the LP.
    but, its really important that you try them both to try and see which one you prefer. try to find a store that does have them in stock.
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

I second the play test. They both have vastly different feels to them.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Dont EVER buy a guitar without playing it. just because your hero's use it doesnt mean it'll gel with you.

if you havent played a set neck guitar before (which is what they are) they respond a totally different way. that and most likely the SG and LP will be shorter scale than your guitar.
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid
        How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Um well I could play like a couple of minutes on my guitar teachers Gibson SG Standard....and I thnk I have it was pretty nice, I'm guessing the Paul would be even nicer but I'm kind of leaning towards the SG....anyone else?

Comment

You must playtest it before you buy - that is without a doubt.

In a particular run of a particular model - same guitar we're talking, there will be ones feeling like heaven and others impossible to play. Some are just right, you know?

Out of 100 SG Standards, there will be a few that play a lot differently - for better or for worse.

As far as I know anyway... :P

And if you can hold out with the gear you have, all the better.
            Remember its you who plays the guitar, the guitar doesn't play you.

Don't make a choice based on the decision you need to be a better player NOW so you go out and get a better guitar. Doesn't work that way.

I'd go for the SG though
            Originally posted by Kanye West
            Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I'm kind o leaning towards the SG, anyone else?

Comment

I'd hold out for the LP.

Comment

I don't like SG's, i have one so i know what i'm talking about. I'm not really a fan of the Les Paul, but of those two, i'd go with the Paul!
                  100% Bass player

Comment

I'm a fan of the Les Paul myself, but remember, to each his own. You may not like the Les Paul feel at all. It's a great deal heavier and the bridge position is much different. Try both, if you like the SG, buy it quick....if you love the Paul, obviously save up for it as it will haunt you to your grave if you don't!

Comment

They are both very good guitars in their own rights. Play both and get whatever feels better.

Comment

i dont get along with most pauls, but i love a nice sg, especially with the short neck tennon. sure the neck isnt as stale but they play so nice

Comment

Working...
                        X