banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried Vox 30 Watt Valvetronics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried Vox 30 Watt Valvetronics?

This caught my attention. I'd like something small for home recording purposes and this little amp seems like it would be ideal. Good price too, something like $240.00. Good reviews. Anybody?

Re: Has anyone tried Vox 30 Watt Valvetronics?

i'm interested as well...i'm gonna have to try one out...

i'm looking at the comparison between it and the roland cube 30 and tech21 trademark 10...?

i wish is could find a store that carried all three or at least two of the three...!?
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I've tried it, it's great! I'd say it's right up there with the Cube 30, actually, maybe better. It has a TON more FX and great sounding amp models. I highly recommend it.
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

That vox got an excellent review in the last issue of UK magazine 'guitarist.
        It basically said the sound is amazing for the price, the effects and models are as convincing as you are gonna get for the price. As far as i remember it made use of a 12ax7 in the power amp section, which means the tone improve massively but you do have to turn the volume up more than on most 15 watt amps to get a good sound.

The 30 watt version is only slightly more expensive. While on the one hand the 15watt may be better for recording, I think the 30 has a reduce-power control.
        Ernie Ball Axis Sport (SD EVH 78/ Alnico 2 Pro)
        Ernie Ball Silhouette Special
        Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Dimarzio Air Zone/ SD 59)
        Gordon Smith Graduate Slimline (Bare Knuckles Stormy Monday neck and bridge)
        Fender American Series Telecaster
        Marshall Jubilee 2554 combo
        Marshall JMP Master Volume Combo
        Hughes and Kettner Edition Tube 20

Comment

hmmm...interesting...?!
          Originally posted by jeremy
          God hates bad guitar tone
          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I had a chance to try one of the 30 watt Vox Valvetronix amps and found it to be very similar to the 60 watt Valvetronix. It has very good sound and feel.

I can't remember if it has a line out. If it does you could do some pretty good direct recording at low volumes with a Behringer DI Box with 4x12 cabinet simulation ($30). You wouldn't have all the features of a Vox Tonelab for direct recording, but you'd get close for a reasonble price.

I tried the Roland Cube 30 briefly in the store and thought the distortion was typical harsh solid state. If I had more time I might be able to find some good sounds from it. However, I prefer the layout of the Vox and how easy they are to tweak. The vox can also sound harsh also on some settings but I have found a few sweet distortion settings on mine playing at low volumes at home. The clean requires more volume before it sounds good on the valvetronix.

If you can get both the Roland Cube 30 and the 30 Watt Vox from guitar center and try them for 30 days and see which one you like and keep the one you like best, that would be ideal.
            GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
            KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Thanks for the info. I do believe that the Vox 30 has a line out, and it does have a switch or a dial to lower the power. Think I'll check it out his weekend.

Comment

I think the Vox Valvetronix amps make great low volume, home practice, recording rigs.

Like most modelers, the midgain amp models are usually the least favorite, but the highgains and cleans available on them is top notch.

The thing that hurts the tone of most modelers is their cheap enclosures and speakers. For that reason, I bought the AD60 head, then use it on any cab I want.
                Trust me...the head on a good quality cab sounds way better than their own cabs or combos. You'll love the wattage selector too. I can get stadium type tones at a volume that can't even be heard in the next room. The OD models in front of the amp models really allow you to tailor the gain of each patch, too. I paid $420 out the door, new, at Sam Ash for mine. I use tube amps live and in rehearsal, and the Vox at home.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

What he says^

Comment

Very interested in this amp. Would be great for practice and recording.

Here's the spec:

Originally posted by Jolly
                    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
                    X