banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what guitars do you get along/don't get along well with??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what guitars do you get along/don't get along well with??

Don't get along with Les Pauls!! When sitting, the body shape digs into my leg, and when standing, it's like a lead weight, and very uncomfortable against my body.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Don't get along with - PRS, BC Rich and Ibanez.

Do get along with - LP's, Musicman type shred axes (wolfgangs, Lukes), Strats, and some LTD's (EC-1000 Viper).

Comment

I picked up a PRS the other day and it felt like the neck was a baseball bat sawed in half- not my deal at all. I can honestly say I have zero desire to own one.

I grew up playing a Les Paul but can't play'em now. When I pick one up they feel so unbalanced. The neck tries to jump upward and they feel so bottom heavy.

Basically, I can only play super strat guitars with a wide, flat, fretboard and a semi-thin neck (Jems, ESP M-IIs, some vintage Charvels, etc...). I prefer the old Charvel body with rounded, soft edges versus the Ibanez-type strat body.

I absolutely CAN'T play a guitar with a raised middle pickup. I hit it with the pick and it is a disaster. On my Jem I have it lowered flush with the pickguard so it stays out of my way.

My worst nightmare would be an Ace Frehley Les Paul with three humbuckers... I couldn't play it no matter how great and cool it was....
        MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

I like almost all guitars, for what they offer.....provided they're high quality.

What I don't like?
          Ibanez shredder axes. Even the expensive JEM Vai guitars seem like cheapos to me.
          Music Man guitars. The bridge is too close to the end, and it feels small in my hands.
          Parker Flys. No comment.
          Line 6 Variax. Toys R Us.
          Hollowbodies with a floating bridge. Who designed that crap? Intonation hell.
          Gretsch's, since my finger picking style pulls the strings out of their saddle slots.
          All Les Pauls and Strats from the 70's. Hate'em all. Flat fretted pauls, skinny necks
          BC Rich's, since I'm not 14 anymore.
          Carvins, since I don't want a guitar to suck the mojo out of my fingers. Ha Ha
          Peavey guitars. For the same reason.
          SG's. I want to like them, but they hang weird, and I don't want to have people say
          "hey look, Angus and Jack Black's guitar!"
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I get along with Les Pauls because they have awesome necks with nice wide fretboards. You can't beat the tone and they just ooze rock n roll! I like SGs too. They are just so player friendly everyone should have one or two.

I don't get along with telecasters, Vs, explorers or any "shred" guitars. Teles have a twangy sound that doesn't suit me, odd shaped guitars feel awkward so that I spend more time worrying about keeping the guitar in a playable position more than what I'm playing. No bueno por caca.
            ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Working...
            X