banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Komet : review on the experience sofar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Komet : review on the experience sofar...

Well i think today i broke into some new ground with the komet, i gave it a proper cranking and hooked up my distortion pedal in front of it too, and with the eq set up good, touch response in fast mode, and volume dialed in at about 1 oclock...this thing was LOUD

First of all the dynamics of this thing are absolutely incredible! When up on that volume and with fast mode engaged, the amp gets pretty angry...think chunkier early AC/DC. Then with my ulbrick 12axe distortion pedal in front of it i pushed it on and dialed in only a tad more distortion (9 oclock) but the thing about this pedal is that it adds a lot of sustain to whatever it is in front of...and man did it sustain! The tone i got out of this simple setup (using my jackson mind you) was amazing! With or without the distortion pedal on and with the bridge JB it was a cutting chunky raw (but tasty) rock/heavy rock sound...very thick. And with that neck JBJr and the pedal engaged for that little bit of extra juice...ohhh baby! It was such a thick lead neck tone, made me think of David Gilmour on the Pulse live album...it just sang! And the JBJr being not a full humbucker stayed thick while still having a bit of an open feel about it being smaller than a full size bucker...and this sounded great. It was just so juicy!

And about those dynamics again, from this sound (with the distortion pedal off) all i had to do was roll the guitar volume knob down and i got some of the most sparkling clean sounds ive ever heard...i was amazed at just how clean they were after coming from such dirty territory and not touching the actual amp...just the guitar volume. It sounded like a perfect clean channel! Id love to get an antiquity loaded strat into this thing...man that would sound good!

So yeah...very impressed sofar...and probably slightly deafer
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Komet : review on the experience sofar...

Cool! Nice review! When will we have sound clips?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Well im about to go to sleep as it's midnight here, but perhaps if i can rig it up ill make some short clips tomorrow
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Those amps are big, loud, fat, tonemonsters. Just experiment with OD pedals, and you'll get bigger tones than the ENGL will give you. I'd also think about a 16 ohm THD Hotplate. It's almost hard to believe how much louder handwired amps are than circuit board amps. A point to point 50 watter is often louder than a PCB 100 watter.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

sounds tasty!
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Working...
          X