just sold my mesa stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just sold my mesa stuff

Yep, the store that was consigning my mesa single rectifier and 4x12 recto cab just sold both, in only two days! It was actually the store employee who ended up buying it.

The weird thing is that I'm not sure what to replace it with. I just had a deep desire to move on to something else. The mesa sound is good for some people, but I was sure that it wasn't for me anymore. I still have my rivera knucklehead (no cab anymore though) and my hot rod deville, both of which I really love. So I guess my next purchase is a 4x12 cab. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe a splawn, voodoo amps, or bogner cab.

I don't think I want something with celestion V30 speakers. The only thing that I could audition beforehand would be the Bogner (which has V30's I think), as the splawn and voodoo would have to be mail ordered. The voodoo would be the most expensive by far, and it's relatively new so not many people have them. Has anyone played these cabs? Is there anything else that you'd suggest? I'm looking for something on the higher end. Thanks!
    "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Re: just sold my mesa stuff

That Bogner Ubercab (sp?) has 2 vintage 30s and two 12/75s which takes some of the "ice pick in the skull" away from the Vintage 30s by themselves. I'd suggest that cab.

As far as a head I'd look at VHT. I don't like the Mesa tone either but really like my Pitbull 100CL. Also, Diezel gear is killer.
    MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

check out www.avatarspeakers.com for great and very customizible(sp?) cabs. You can mix and match the speakers to figure whats best for your sound, all at a very good price. The cabs are solid and actually pretty cool looking with the metal grille front. A friend of mine who used to post on this forum all the time(punk13af) has on with V30s and g12hs and really wishes he went with something other than v30s. I suggest eminence GB12s. They are green back copies, but with a more defined bass and clearer highs. I run them in my 212 and love it to death. Now that celestions are made in China, emminence all the way for me. They have great tone and craftsmanship.
      Later,
      Brian
      Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

how about a divided by 13 ert 33
        my friend/official gear testor for my custom guitars just played the 2 guitars i just built through this amp - it is spectacular
        check out the company
        its an el-84 amp that goes from vox to absolute higain crunch
        amazing definition and tone

just something to consider
        Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
        Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
        www.gaugeguitars.com
        Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X