I auditioned for a band. They really liked my tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I auditioned for a band. They really liked my tone

I came in with my Telecaster (pictured on the left), pedal board, and Fender Twin, and I totally rocked, guys. My Tele is a little different now, though. I put an SD custom custom in the bridge, and added a mute, or "cut off" switch for staccato effects.

Oh, and the myth about telecasters "losing their twang" when installing a humbucker bridge is false. Though different elements (such as a single coil pup, maple neck, body, etc) add up to twang, what really gives a Tele it's distonctive sound is the steel bridge, IMO. According to Fender, this is because of "all the inductance"

Anyway, the rehearsal went great.

Re: I auditioned for a band. They really liked my tone

nice one man!

i'd get a tele gib if i could justify it
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

awesome, man. great going. hope you made it. keep goin on up in the world!
      :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
      Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, they called me again and asked me to come back, told me wha they liked and everything. I'm pretty excited about it, and sure do miss playing witha band. But the only thing that has me thinking twice is that they rehearse 4 - 6 nights a week!! And that's going to be hard for me, as I live about a good 40 minute drive away! But, damn, it sounds like fun. And I sure did enjoy jamming with them. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
        X