Selling my guitars, gettin a new one. Help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my guitars, gettin a new one. Help me out

Hey guys. The Dean EVO Dragster I just got a couple months ago has a bowed neck, which I just found it. It was having some pretty bad buzz issues, so i brought it to a tech and he told me the neck is bowed. I could get work done on all the frets so that it wouldn't buzz, but I don't want to. I'm tired of over seas guitars and their quality. I'm going to sell both my Dean EVO Dragster and EVO Custom. I think i can get about 500-600 for both. I'd like to get my hands on an USA made guitar.

Music I play
    Blues
    Southern Rock
    Classic Rock
    80's Rock

I do not play heavey metal by any means, nor thrash type music. Which guitar(s) do you think would suit me? I'm looking to go big guys, $1,000-$1,500. Hey, that's big to me lol.

Thanks for looking
    J
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Selling my guitars, gettin a new one. Help me out

I'll give you my personal opinion.

the majority of players use strats or Les Paul type guitars, or variations. It usually depends on what feels right and sounds right for you and your style of music.
    I prefer strats for their versatility, comfort, and tuning stability of the longer scale. It's also possible to fine tune your own tone by swapping pickups. I would argue that if you have just one guitar, you can cover more ground with a strat. It's easier to add grit to a clean, single coil guitar than it is to clean up a humbucking guitar that gets muddy on the neck position, as some do.

I also have an LP because there just isn't anything that sounds quite like a Les Paul. The problem is finding a good LP in your price range, since they tend to be more expensive for the same relative level instument.

I recently took advantage of Fender's rebate, and bought a new AS strat that I'm pretty happy with right out of the box. My main complaint is that Fender chose to go with cheap Chinese cases on their American Series. Still, you should be able to get a decent new strat for about $750. Just check it out, check the weight and playability, and fit and finish till you're satisfied.

If you lean toward a dual humbucking guitar, I guess that means a Les Paul Studio, or something like a used Standard. Heritage or Hamers also make good alternatives.

hope that helps some, but just keep asking questions till you've got a good idea what you want

it may help to add info on what particular artists you like, and the amp you plan to use, etc

again, this is just my personal opinion
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Re: Selling my guitars, gettin a new one. Help me out

a H/S/S strat.

get a hardtail one, and a vintage trem if you want one. theres no need in getting a floyd guitar just to play 80s rock if you want a nice blues tone also

as for which make/model? thats up to you, whatever feels right.
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Working...
      X