new pedal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pedal question

Okay i have narrowed my fuzz choices down to the fulltone 69, fulltone soul bender, lovepedal Karl and the zvex fuzz factory. I really like the clips i have heard of all of these and i have heard great things about all the pedals. But what i really want to know now is build quality. Which one is the best? I think I may go with the zvex because it seems to be the most versitile out of the 4. What do you guys think? Any build quality issues for any of the pedals? things i should realy watch for with any of these? also keep in mind that no one near me seels any of these so i am judging only on clips and your opinions. Thanks guys

Scott
    Cleveland Guitars

Re: new pedal question

I would personally go for the fuzz factory (but I've not tried the lovepedal) but it really, really depends on the kind of fuzz you want, and what you'll be using it for.

Jonny
    2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
    2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
    Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
    Laney TT-20 + cab
    Marshall DSL50
    Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

i am using it for all kinds of sounds really. I have a lot of "vintage reissue" type gear, but i also get some very modern sounds out of it. I think the fuzz will be used mainly for sonic youth/wilco/wallflowers type sounds but any others that i find may be used too.
      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I would go for the Fulltone '69, but that's because I prefer Fulltone. I have a few of their pedals, and the tone and contruction is without peer. My Full-Drive 2 has survived two consequetive tours, as well as about 3 years of daily use/abuse ...
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
          I would go for the Fulltone '69, but that's because I prefer Fulltone. I have a few of their pedals, and the tone and contruction is without peer. My Full-Drive 2 has survived two consequetive tours, as well as about 3 years of daily use/abuse ...
          You're right, the fulltone is lovely pedal, but if he want's a large range of fuzz's, I'm still gonna have to go with the Zvex. Don't get me wrong though, I think the Zvex is overpriced. I feel with those pedals you're paying a 1/3 towards the paint job.

Don't discount little ol' me though; I build fuzz pedals. Though as of yet I dont have an "all in one", my designs are very much one trick ponies
          2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
          2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
          Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
          Laney TT-20 + cab
          Marshall DSL50
          Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

Have you checked out Blues Saraceno's site and the Fuzz pedal his dad is making? Expensive but pretty cool. Limited too. For serious tone freaks.
            Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
            www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

This is O/T, but ...

Schnook, you are obviusly a Blues Sraceno fan ... I think he's one of the most under-rated guitarists out there. His 1st album for Shrapnel records is amazing!!
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
              X