info on how to mod pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• info on how to mod pedals

where can i find info on how to like modify effects pedals? analog, to be more specific
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: info on how to mod pedals

Comment

hmm, maybe something a little...free-er?

Comment

ok i guess more specifically i wanna make this old boss pw-2 that was given to me into something a little more ds-1 sounding

or if someone could give me a step-by-step that'd work too

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
          StratDeluxer is the man to talk to on this.Knowledgeable,fair and good work=very professional.
          Thanks buddy...Why not just buy a $39 DS1 and have it modded? Sam Ash and MF usually sell the DS1s for that price...It'd be alot easier than the pedal you'd want to mod...

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

cuz i'm poor

can you please just tell me where you learned how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
              cuz i'm poor

can you please just tell me where you learned how to do it?
              Well....I Learned from alot of trial and error....I sure screwed alot of things up...I started out on old tube amps,then it was guitar setups,making my own guitar cables,replacing pickups,and then the pedal stuff came later...From working on amps,I have the ability to look at a schematic and know where to try my tweaks on a pedal..Again it's alot of trial and error..You take a component out and substitute something else into the circuit and see how it sounds...I also use both resistor and capacitor substitution boxes and these give me the ability to dial in different component values within key parts of a circuit on the fly...Once I find a value I Like,I put that component into the circuit..I have notes and pictures that I keep of each style of pedal I Mod for reference..If I decide on a mod change,it's reflected on my drawings and my schematics...It's not rocket science,but it is time consuming also..It's the same as baking a cake I guess,in that you find the right spicings..

Will I actually blatently tell someone about how I actually mod my pedals...Nope! There are sources if you go to Keeley's site on how to do the SEM,but you better be real good with a soldering iron or you'll screw the circuit board up...

John
              Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-27-2004, 08:14 AM.
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I'd suggest a search on Yahoo

one site is geofx.com
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

k then, can you just tell me how to get it to sound less robotic?

Comment

k then, can you just tell me how to get it to sound less robotic?
                    You're pretty much asking for what only years of experience and perhaps a few classes can teach to be condensed into one post. And unless someone here is really really super insanely generous as to take apart a PW-2, analyze it, experement with it, and then report their findings, you may be out of luck. Like John and all the people above have said, start off with projects that you can find tutorials for, then over time, you may become more familiar with what each component does, and can make mods based on your own judgement.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can too - it's not just something someone can hand to you in an internet post.

Good luck, dood!

Comment

Working...
                    X