Fender 65 Super Reverb amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender 65 Super Reverb amp?

Hi guys, has anyone played on the above amp? A friend of mine is in the states and can pick one up for me, and I was wondering if anybody had any experiences with it. I love fender's glassy/warm cleans and the slightly distorted overdrive sounds - but is it worth $1000? Or is there something else to give a try?
    'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Re: Fender 65 Super Reverb amp?

I own a '69 Super Reverb. Of all the hardware I own this is the one piece I will never sell. With a good O.D. pedal it becomes an awsome Amp. 40 watts powered with 2 6L6 tubes. The reverb is amazing. If you crank the volume up to about 7 it is truly remarkable. If you keep the volume down to 3 or 4 it is very clean, with a very slight break up. With Humbuckers it is thick and rich. With single coils it sparkles. I use a Boss CE2 chorus in it, a Boss DD3, and an Ibenez TS9.
    The Reissues are very much the same Amp. The one described above is a silver face. From 67 or 68 thru 70 or 71 the curcuit is the same as a black face. Sometime in the early 70's the added a master volume. I feel the amps with masters are not as good as the ones without. This is a great Amp!! Buy it!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

the Super Reverb was one of the best club amps ever. it had the right power, and the right sound

I haven't played a reissue, but I've heard they did a pretty decent job on it.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

From what I understand the difference in the old ones vrs the RI is the tube sockets are mounted on PC boards. I know this is true with the Deluxe Reverb (another truly wonderful Amp) . There may be some other basic differences. I have played through a few of the RI and they sound very true to the originals.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

If you don't need or use mega gain, the Super is one of the best amps out there for small to medium sized venues.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I have a reissue and it's good for just about everything, u can even play metal if a put a fab dano in front of it
            Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
            The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

The only local super reverb reissue user I know of is Grant Wills of G2D pedals. PM me if you want to talk to him.
              Originally posted by Jolly
              ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
              X