X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me choose

its down to these 2 options:
    buying an ampeg half stack(b-2r head and bse410hlf cab) for $1000
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

buying an ampeg b-100r combo for $500
    Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

thoughts about the half stack: i figured somewhere down the road ill need one this big and if i buy it now ill have it when i need it. i can intimidate friends. bigger is better. ermm guess thats it.

thoughts about the combo: if i buy it ill have an extra 500 bucks to spend on whatever. if its as loud as my 120 watt fender ultra chorus(and the reviews make it seem to be louder) i will be happy with the volume level. i can take it to places easier. but then someday down the road when i need to play in something bigger than my school auditorium ill have to go buy that half stack anyway............but it will be FAR down the road.

i cant choose........if i had the cash id buy the bigin for my room and the school auditorium gigs lol, and the other for taking to my friends house for practice.
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: please help me choose

Combo, always the combo.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Sorry, no frame of reference with this stuff ...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Combo, the head "s**ks"!
        100% Bass player

Comment

Well first of all I'd make sure you could transport and lift for that matter the 4x10 cab

My old bassist had one and it took two people to get it up a flight of stairs.

BTW check your PM's in a minute man
          Last edited by nuntius; 08-04-2004, 04:04 PM.
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by Thurisarz
            Combo, the head "s**ks"!
            does it really? i dont know much about heads, could you tell me what makes it suck so i know what to look for in the future?

i guess this pretty much settles it though........ima gona have to get that combo.
            The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Dan!?
              does it really? i dont know much about heads, could you tell me what makes it suck so i know what to look for in the future?

i guess this pretty much settles it though........ima gona have to get that combo.
              I'm very bad at reviewing stuff but here it goes...

A friend and i took it to the test :P

He played with a Highway 1 Jazz bass and i played a MIM Precison bass.

He plays alot of Jazz fushion Pastorius stuff, he couldn't get that thing that makes that sound. It's definatly not for slap bass! The EQ was a little flat, don't know really how do describe it...

Anyway, i played some rock 'n roll with it, walking, "pumping" etc
              You don't get that punch that you want.

We also tried the combo your were talking about, much much better!
              What ever your style is, rock, blues, death metal, jazz, you get that sound just by turning the knobs! :P

Don't now if this helped you in either way....
              100% Bass player

Comment

that helped a lot, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                X