help!! amp wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! amp wiring

hey:I have a epi.galaxy 10 tube amp.It has 1-12ax7 and 1-6L6.Is there any way I can wire a line out jack for this amp? thanks for help!!!!!!!
    sigpic
    08'Gibson Les Paul Traditional Iced Tea
    Vox Valvetronix ad30vt, Tech 21 Trademark 60

Re: help!! amp wiring

o.k.,thanks anyone else.
    sigpic

Comment

Since its only a 10-watt amp, you could probably get by with a simple resistor in-line with an output jack, but the value and power rating of the resistor will depend on a couple things:

1. Do you want the speaker to be off or on while you're using the line out?

2. Do you want the option to do either of the above? (In other words, using a switch.)

BTW - I was considering one of those little Galaxie 10's, but the reviews over at HC aren't very complimentary. So what do you think of yours? Hows the "tube" saturation sound?

Comment

Hey Artietoo:I would like the speaker to be on,but if it's easer off would be o.k.These amps [galaxy10]aren't that bad,a speaker[eminence ragin'cagin]and tube upgrade will make it great.the galaxy 25 is the one with the hum problem,that has been in the reverb part of the amp.Talking about the galaxy10,I had a blues Jr.,a deluxe90dps,and I like the galaxy better than these two.It's clean channel is very close to the fenders and the overdrive is better than the deluxe90
        Last edited by skynyrdlover1; 08-06-2004, 05:55 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Its actually better if you leave the speaker playing. That way, we don't have to worry about loading the amp. So it becomes a simple matter of placing an output jack in parallel with the speaker terminals, with a resistor.

The trick is, I need to do a few "calculations" to make sure I get the resistor value correct - and its late.

I'll try to get you the value and a little wiring diagram tomorrow.

BTW - Now you've got me wanting one of those little amps again.

Comment

FWIW, I think Gerald Weber talks about doing this for a Deluxe in his first book.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

anyone else btw-this amp is 10watts class A
              Last edited by skynyrdlover1; 08-09-2004, 04:32 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X