Multi effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi effects

which multi effects processors would you buy if you could pick any? digitech gnx 4? boss gt6? or would you buy standalone pieces.

roland vg88.... i love it

Comment

I have my stand alone effects at home while I've got my Multi-FX (BOSS ME-50) at school (college, dorm-life, etc.,).

I only use the ME-50 so I don't have to take multiple pedals with me to school just to the sounds I want. I also don't want to risk losing them either...you know how "friends" can be right?
      Speaking of friends; if I go to some friends house and jam with them during the week I don't have to go clear across town just to get my stuff. I have the guitar, the multi-effects, and a small amp.
      Plus it has a headphone jack, so I can play late at night w/out waking the neighbors.

I like individual effects a lot more than Multi-effects mainly because I think the individual pedals have more character. The Multi-effects I've played all lack a certain "something"...maybe I'm playing the wrong ones or looking for the wrong things?
      But, I suppose if you're a gigging guitarist that needs to produce a lot of different sounds on the fly, added to the fact that the audience doesn't usually care about your tone just as long as it's listenable (they don't know the difference between the GT-6 phaser and the Small Stone), then maybe a multi-effects unit if right for you.

I'd go with either the Boss GT-6 (but if menus isn't your thing use the ME-50) or the Digitech GNX4. Both are fine products.

Comment

BOSS ME-50
        Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
        Danelectro Fab-tone
        Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
        Digitech Whammy 2
        MXR M-101 PHASE 90
        Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

Live I use a Roland GP-100. It is what came just before the GT6 and VG88..a very deep box that can twist and mutate.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have a Korg AX1500G. Its ok i guess, but i want to sell it. I dont use half the stuff on it and i prefer the sound i get straight out of the amp, using the 3 boss pedals listed below. I have them on my pedal board which has a lid, so its easy to transport.

For the moment i keep my rig simple, if i felt the need to have loadsa of effects i would get another multi effect. that would probably be the ME-50 since it looks so simple, or id get what ever the latest good thing is if its much better.

Comment

I prefer standalone pedals, that way you don't have to suscribe to all of a single manufacturer's effects. I also find I never use most of the features with multieffects, but that's just me .
              Gibson Les Paul w/ Seths. Strung with EB 12's
              Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI
              Arbiter Fuzz Face, Fulltone Fatboost, Crybaby, Voce Spin II

Comment

I buy stand alone pedals. That way I can find my own personal best of the best with each effect. To my ears multi effect pedals tend to be jack of all trades and master of none.

Note that I do own the Digitech GNX3 but I typically use that for playing thru my computer and recording to Cakewalk.
                PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
                PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
                GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
                Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
                Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
                various pedals

Comment

Re: Multi effects

You can't beat the BOSS ME-50 I will never part with mine. It has some of the best tones I've ever heard. Try one you wont be sorry you did.

Comment

Originally posted by chcjunior
                    I buy stand alone pedals. That way I can find my own personal best of the best with each effect. To my ears multi effect pedals tend to be jack of all trades and master of none.

Note that I do own the Digitech GNX3 but I typically use that for playing thru my computer and recording to Cakewalk.

is the GNX3 any good? how are the presets, easy of use? im thinking of getting one.

Comment

^^ have you ever tryed the BOSS ME-50?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
                        ^^ have you ever tryed the BOSS ME-50?
                        no, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                          is the GNX3 any good? how are the presets, easy of use? im thinking of getting one.
                          First off, unless you have the need of the on board recorder the GNX3 provides, I'd go with the GNX2 and save the cash. The GNX3 recorder has come in handy during band practice when we come up with a riff and I can record it off the bat.

At times I do run the GNX3 in my effects loop and am pretty happy overall with what it provides. It has pretty much every darn effect you could ever need. The amp and cabinet modeling is pretty respectable and you can get quite a plethora of sounds out of it. It does take a little patience due to all of the choices it provides. The presets are pretty solid, and give you a nice baseline to start tweaking and seeing what does what.

I have no regrets having bought the GNX3 and have had no reliability issues with it during the 2 years I've owned it. Note that I haven't run it straight into a PA as my sole unit so I can't comment how it would stand up in such a case.
                          PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
                          PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
                          GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
                          Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
                          Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
                          various pedals

Comment

There was an Eventide H3000 going in the paper recently. Thought that was slightly tempting as 'multi-effects' units go.

Too expensive though, even used.

Comment

Working...
                            X