1967 Blackface Bassman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 Blackface Bassman

I'm looking at this Fender Blackface Bassman ad, I can pick it up for 500 bucks, should I go for it? The filter caps have been replaced, bypass and coupling capacitors replaced as well as the resistors, but I'm sure it would have needed it, bias control has been added. So it is the pre-CBS AA864 circui. Transformers are original too.

There are pics of the work inside and it looks pretty neat.

I play alot of 90's grunge and classic rock, so this and a tube screamer should cover me?

I plan on selling my Marshall TSL122 because it hasn't been cutting it, then I can buy this amp and an avatar cab.

Thoughts before I dive in? I haven't played a vintage bassman, but my research has led to think it or a plexi would best suit me.

Re: 1967 Blackface Bassman

For that price, go for it. It sounds like much of the maintainence work that goes along with old amps has already been taken care of. I'm no expert on vintage amp prices, but $500 sounds like a great deal. If you don't like it, I have no doubt you'll be able to unload it for at least that much, and most likely more.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I just need to be able to front the money now

Comment

alhtough thats a good price since it has been "refreshed"...... they can be found for alot less...... i could currently get a 66 bassman with the "popular" AB165 circuit for $175...... but i cant spend the money on it right now...... but usually around 350-450 if what you should pay for one of those..... but if it has been reserviced and you really like it, go for it
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

bbb bb b bump

Comment

The BF Bassman is nothing like a Tweed Bassman or a Plexi, keep that in mind. The BF circuit is going to be more like a Super or a Deluxe than a 59 Tweed. Tha being said, I love my 71 Bassman Export. It also has the BF circuit design.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
            X