HRD 4x10? What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRD 4x10? What do you think?

Got the chance to pick up an HRD 4x10 for a song, anyone have one? What should I expect for the spectrum of tones?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: HRD 4x10? What do you think?

From my experience, it'll be clean and loud. It's good if you have an OD pedal you really like, but if you plan to rely on your amp for distortion, you might want to look elsewhere.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
      From my experience, it'll be clean and loud. It's good if you have an OD pedal you really like, but if you plan to rely on your amp for distortion, you might want to look elsewhere.
      That's what I figured on the gain side, but there are lots of good od pedals out there. I am looking for a better clean for my tele.
      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Go for it. A great workingman's amp. I had the 2x12 pre-hotrod deville and it was a great amp. The best thing about devilles is if you play around the place you can always get hold of one to rent.

Definitely think about getting a G2D classic or Custom overdrive to go with it. A killer combination, bacscally giving you five tonal choices (clean, od channel, more drive channel, pedal channel 1, pedal channel 2).

Originally posted by Jolly
        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
        X