• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joelap
    replied
    Re: LED Fretboard Inlays

Originally posted by Blue Calx
    Now someone needs to build a circuit that makes the lights chase and flash - switches for random and ordered... oh, geezz.... half christmas decoration, half guitar.
    I second that notion!

Leave a comment:

• Blue Calx
    replied

Now someone needs to build a circuit that makes the lights chase and flash - switches for random and ordered... oh, geezz.... half christmas decoration, half guitar.

Leave a comment:

• B2D
    replied

As soon as I see a fender neck like that its MINE

Leave a comment:

• darkshadow54321
    replied

My God..... ebay really does have everything....

EBAY IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

LOL! I don't know where the guy got them from, they were used and I think the most he paid was like $1700 USD for one, but that was like mint with case, active box. Of course he also collects old Moogs and Arp synths as well.

Leave a comment:

• Forbes
    Guest replied

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaa aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by Hellion
    Alembic made basses that had LED position markers on the side of the fretboard. They required a special cord to power the LEDs as well as the active electronics. That's probably one of the reasons they were upwards of $10,000 a pop.
    A guy I work with who taught bass had 2 or 3 of those, it's an active direct box/slash power supply that sits on the floor, it also powers the on board active electronics ... very cool deal, but then again those are incredible basses ... And he's an incrediable bass player, great match ... Almebic's idea was for dark stages ... I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Hellion
    replied

Alembic made basses that had LED position markers on the side of the fretboard. They required a special cord to power the LEDs as well as the active electronics. That's probably one of the reasons they were upwards of $10,000 a pop.

Leave a comment:

• B2D
    replied

Vai has them on a custom mirror-finished Jem in his Live at the Astoria video when he plays Bad Horsie. The look friggen awesome...

Wasn't there a site/company that marketed a variety of lasr/LED fretboard lighting systems? Someone posted one on the old board a while ago and I can't recall the name.

Leave a comment:

• Pandemonium
    replied

LEDs on a guitar sounds like an awful idea to me. YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• darkshadow54321
    replied

Originally posted by aleclee
    How to you plan to get power to the neck? Is this a Strat-like guitar where you can run the wires under the pickguard to the neck?
    That's the slight teeny weeny little problem.... it's not. Double humbucker guitar with no pickguard. I figure the wires could run through a passageway into the control cavity, going through the pickup holes. Of course, this means I'd have to have a hole in the neck joint area, which could complicate things...

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

Originally posted by darkshadow54321
    So, if you built the neck from scratch the task would be much much easier and hence, should be cheaper, no?

You can see where I'm going with this...
    It shouldn't be too much harder than building a neck from scratch...not that building a neck from scratch is a task I'd describe as easy.

How to you plan to get power to the neck? Is this a Strat-like guitar where you can run the wires under the pickguard to the neck?

Leave a comment:

• 7th Hell
    replied

In the 80's, I think Aria Pro marketed a standard model with these. The guy from Judas Priest (Glen Tipton?) had them (red LEDs) on one of his Hamers too. I prefer no inlays at all, but whatever floats yer boat...

Leave a comment:

• darkshadow54321
    replied

BUMP................ I see green LED fretboard markers coming my way.........

Leave a comment:

• darkshadow54321
    replied

So, if you built the neck from scratch the task would be much much easier and hence, should be cheaper, no?

You can see where I'm going with this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X