Slash's pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash's pickups

Hey i was wonder what kinda of pups does slash have, and why cant i find his set up anywhere on the net, i kno he uses the old marshall jubilee head but i wanna kno his pedal board and stuff too

-Cobalt blue Charvel
    -Seymour duncan live wire heavy metal humbuckers
    -Gibson amp( model unknown its too old)
    -Behringer V-amp 2

Re: Slash's pickups

Pedalboard!?

Slash uses a rack roughly the size of my house.....

All his effects are controlled by his tech. So far as I know the only one he controls himself is his rackmounted Crybaby....

The only pic I have of his pedal board shows a Boss tuner and some other stomper I don't recognize.
    Last edited by some_dude; 08-10-2004, 09:17 PM.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Slash uses Alnico 2 Pro pups.
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

check this out!
        2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

Originally posted by bryvincent
          The Talkbox shown near the bottom is the other thing on his pedalboard....
          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Whats the Talk box do?

-Cobalt blue Charvel
            -Seymour duncan live wire heavy metal humbuckers
            -Gibson amp( model unknown its too old)
            -Behringer V-amp 2

Comment

You know, I gotta be honest, I've been a fan of Jubilees since 1987, when I was 16 and bought my first good amp. On that amp, I used Charvels, Kramers, and Les Pauls, usually loaded with JB's or 59's. Fast forward to 2000, when I bought my current 50W Jubilee stack, partially as an investment. Now, I plug into it with LP's and McCarties with C-5's, JB's, and Antiquities. I've heard Jubilees sound really really good.
              I've also listened to all of Slash's tones, and have to say that I must not be fond of Alnico Pro II's or something, because I can't help but think he'd sound better with different Duncans. Sorry, just my observation. I like Slash's vibe and playing, but somehow I wish I could suggest different pickups, only because I've heard so many Duncans on that amp.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I had the Alnico Pro 2's in my GMP Pawnshop Deluxe. It's a Les Paul style guitar with a chambered body and a maple cap.

I bought it used and didn't know those Pickups were in there. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the guitar was so bright and harsh. I had to roll the tone all the way off before it got any warmth.

As soon as I found out it was special ordered with the Alnico Pro 2's in there, I swapped in a '59n and a Custom Custom bridge. It now sounds very musical.

I like Slash and his style is OK with me, but those Pickups didn't work in my guitar.

I have heard that they would only be good as a doorstop. But I'll keep them in the hopes that Seymour Duncan stops making them and they go up in value becuase they are the "Slash" pickups.
                GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
                KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Strangely, I have a different opinion with Alnico IIs. I wasn't all that impressed with the ash telecaster Fender put out because of the pickups. It was too warm and didn't do the Tele justice, it killed the tone that makes it a tele. It was thick and warm, but that just doesn't work for what styles Tele's are used for. I actually preferred the Fender brand on (I believe it was) a Highway 1 Tele.
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                  X