Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I put this Strat together?

I bought a Birdseye neck yesturday.
    So I have a neck, body, loaded pickguard, tuners, & strings. I guess I need a trem and an input jack.

This will be a first for me. Is there a how to book out there.
    I was thinking of just assembling it and taking it to my buddy for set up.

Where do I start?

Thanks

Lou
    His Grace is Amazing

Re: How do I put this Strat together?

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    Start with the neck.Check to see if it fits into the pocket smoothly.If it has the screwholes in it than put a piece of tape on the fretboard and one on the body.Mark the center of the neck and the body on each piece of tape.Screw the neck in and then measure amount of the neck sitting above the body at the neck pocket.Measure two points and see if there is any angle.Strat necks should sit level in the neck pocket.If there is any angle you'll need to shim to set it flat.
    With the neck bolts tightened check to see if the neck shifts in the pocket.
    Thanks JohnJohn

That will get me started.
    His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Hey Lou....I don't know what type of a time frame you're looking at for putting that together, but I might be able to swing down to Columbia and help you out. Possibly tonight, tomorrow night or Sunday night....maybe even Monday night. I have to see what I need to do for the back to school day for my daughter on Sunday. Let me know what works with your schedule and we'll see if we can sneak down there. Call me on my cell phone.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
        Hey Lou....I don't know what type of a time frame you're looking at for putting that together, but I might be able to swing down to Columbia and help you out. Possibly tonight, tomorrow night or Sunday night....maybe even Monday night. I have to see what I need to do for the back to school day for my daughter on Sunday. Let me know what works with your schedule and we'll see if we can sneak down there. Call me on my cell phone.
        It doesn't have to be that quick take some time to chill and enjoy that sweetheart of yours. But I will take you up on that
        His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          You're a stand up guy Jeff....That's really nice of you.. :

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            You're a stand up guy Jeff....That's really nice of you.. :

John
            What he said.

You Know I meant to say that
            His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Stop it. Any one of you would make the same offer if you were within a 90 minute drive of one of our members. I do appreciate the kind words....anything I can do to help!
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Here's all you need to know

Good Luck, and yell if you need help I do this for a living
                Dom L
                1997 Roadhouse Strat
                2005 Eric Clapton Strat
                2007 Martin 000-28EC
                2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment