Have you played this Fender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you played this Fender?

I saw this on the Fender site and it interests me. It's got the hard tail, P-90s with a Strat shaped body and a Tele shaped headstock. Any feedback?

~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Re: Have you played this Fender?

Actually looks like a double cutaway tele body to me. I have played one and it's actually pretty cool sounding-felt nice, too. It was going for around 550 USD.

I've always liked P-90s in a tele, and I like the looks of this guitar. Can't really comment on Fender vs. Duncan P-90s...
    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Yes.

It was very poor imo.

It was set up really badly, the action was extremely stiff, even for me and i like a high action.

tonally it was bright and kinda plonky plinky...

by that i mean it didnt have much depth to the tone it was very rigid sounding.. but that coulda been something to do with the way it was set up also.

The neck wasnt that nice either and i usually like the necks on telecasters (this seems to be a DC tele hollowbody)

on the whole it just felt and sounded like a cheap guitar to me
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
        Yes.

It was very poor imo.

It was set up really badly, the action was extremely stiff, even for me and i like a high action.

tonally it was bright and kinda plonky plinky...

by that i mean it didnt have much depth to the tone it was very rigid sounding.. but that coulda been something to do with the way it was set up also.

The neck wasnt that nice either and i usually like the necks on telecasters (this seems to be a DC tele hollowbody)

on the whole it just felt and sounded like a cheap guitar to me
        That's too bad, cause it's a really cool looking design. Maybe I can get a luthier to build one like it that actually plays as good as it looks.
        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Originally posted by texasguitarslinger
          That's too bad, cause it's a really cool looking design. Maybe I can get a luthier to build one like it that actually plays as good as it looks.
          I agree, it looks pretty cool.

But the one I played was pretty substandard, mostly due to the horrible setup on it... set up right it might be a great axe!

Play one for yourself, you might find one thats set up right
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

I didn't like the one I played either. It was hard to play and kind of dead sounding. I would expect a hollow tele with P-90's to rip, but it sounded kind of thin and clacky to me. Maybe I played a dud.
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
              I didn't like the one I played either. It was hard to play and kind of dead sounding. I would expect a hollow tele with P-90's to rip, but it sounded kind of thin and clacky to me. Maybe I played a dud.
              uh oh, 2 duds?

whats going on quality control??
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

If you like that guitar but aren't happy with the quality check out the ESP Hybrid. The Japanese models are excellent and then some.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Fender has another new, more expensive, guitar that's grabbed my eye.
                  It looks like a strat, has a tele headstock, and the electronics and neck thru are like a Les Paul. THAT'S the one I'd love to have. I haven't seen any yet, so it may be a special order, rare item.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

you mean the showmaster elite:

Originally posted by Jolly
                    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
                      you mean the showmaster elite:

It's nice looking but I won't even consider it unless it has a hard tail.
                      ~Sid

Comment

enter the HH blackout
                        Originally posted by gibson175
                        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Yes, and you need to change those pups to get any kind of tone...
                          Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                          When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                          Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                          Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                          Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Working...
                          X