Okay, I'm still not gettin' it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I'm still not gettin' it...

...nobody has been able to answer this question effectively...or at least in a manner I understand ( thanks for tryin' though! )

Can I use stand-alone effects pedals (BOSS, Dunlop, Digitech, etc.,) with digital modeling equipment? (Yes or no?)

Say I was going to plug into a POD or a Spider or V-Amp in a live situtation, would I get the desired sound out of my effects pedals? (Yes or no?)

Or would I have to use the particular brand's expression pedal/MIDI board? (Yes or no?)

Cause see, the thing is, I want to use amp and cab models in the digital modelers, but not the effects, because I already like the effects I have.
    Just the amp and cab simulation, because I can't find one single amp that'll fit what I'm looking for, so I figure if I buy an amp modeler I can have all these amps at my disposal, and evetually find something...that's all...and use it with my pedalboard of stand-alone effects pedals...
    Does that make sense?

Re: Okay, I'm still not gettin' it...

yeah, pedals seem to work fine with my Line6 spider... though the only one I use regularly is a Dunlop Wah. Anything you throw at it should be fine though.
    Dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by Closed Eye
      ...nobody has been able to answer this question effectively...or at least in a manner I understand ( thanks for tryin' though! )

Can I use stand-alone effects pedals (BOSS, Dunlop, Digitech, etc.,) with digital modeling equipment? (Yes or no?)
      Yes ... but if you are using the amp's dosortions and overdrives most modulation and all delay effects have to go AFTER the distortion ... ie. through the effects loop (I assume it has one)...

Say I was going to plug into a POD or a Spider or V-Amp in a live situtation, would I get the desired sound out of my effects pedals? (Yes or no?)
      I have no idea what you are talking about here, to many variables ...If part of the sound is a chorus effect after distortion and you can only run it into the distortion ... then no. For example only of course. If you are just using clean settings on the pod or v-amp, then chances are yes you can. Still really don't know what you mean here.

Or would I have to use the particular brand's expression pedal/MIDI board? (Yes or no?)
      Almost ALL midi boards are compatible with everything Midi, that's way it satarted as a way to standardize everything. Hardwired expression pedals are a bit different ...hit or miss on those. Not sure what you mean here either.

Cause see, the thing is, I want to use amp and cab models in the digital modelers, but not the effects, because I already like the effects I have.
      Just the amp and cab simulation, because I can't find one single amp that'll fit what I'm looking for, so I figure if I buy an amp modeler I can have all these amps at my disposal, and evetually find something...that's all...and use it with my pedalboard of stand-alone effects pedals...
      Does that make sense?
      If the modeller has and effect loops for the FX yes, they generally work better after any distortion if generated by the amp, therefore they have to go thru the loop), wah, distortion/overdrive, some phasers, and some flangers, etc. generally go up front ... between the amp and guitar. The real way to know is to try out what you use with the intended buy, that's the way it always is; Trying to say, will this give me what I want is far to subjective, even if mind reading was possible.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

With the POD, you need to be careful not to put too HOT a signal BEFORE the POD (i.e., before the input).

I use a Dynacomp. Guitar--Dynacomp--POD--direct box--mixer. No problems.
        Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
        https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
        Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

You can use pedals before and rack gear after the Pod. I don't know that I'd use a distortion box in front of a Pod but I've never tried it.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

INstad of using a POD you could just get a stand alone amp modeler, or amp sims , not sure what there called..Thats if i understand you correctly..
            Marshall JVM 410C
            Mesa Boogie DC-3
            ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
            1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
            2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
            2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
            1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
            2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
            1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
            X