Tone gurus Lend me your knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tone gurus Lend me your knowledge

I was listening to some Rush, and I put on "Red Sector A" (One of my favorite Rush songs) And I was thinking, "Damn, thats one of the sweetest clean tones ever!" Anyone know what kind of gear it would take to duplicate that tone somewhat?
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Re: Tone gurus Lend me your knowledge

+1
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Galien Kruger 250 ML stereo amp...That's pretty much what Alex used back then...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks StratDeluxer97, Im gonna look into that gear ^_^.
          Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Comment

Actually, Alex was using Marshal 50-watt combos live and in the studio. He switched to Gallien-Krueger for Hold Your Fire and Presto.
            -Butch Snyder
            butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

That was a period of time when Chorus abuse was rampant. Just get a big clean tone, use single coil notch positions, a chorus, and maybe a bit of delay. Isn't everyone saying the 80's are making a big comeback? Chorus will get you back to 1984 in seconds! Don't forget the snare drums that sound like they were recorded in a gymnasium! Ha Ha.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

And get a poodlehairdo while you are at it

Comment

Working...
                X