banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have Schaller locking tuners on a Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have Schaller locking tuners on a Strat?

Hey guys, I'm all set to place my order for a Warmoth Strat neck. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not I should get an angled peghead. I'm planning on using Schaller 6 in-line locking tuners, are these all the same height, or are they staggered to eliminate the need for string trees? If they are staggered, that eliminates the need for an angled peghead, which saves me $50. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Anyone have Schaller locking tuners on a Strat?

these the ones?

if they arent find em here http://www.schaller-guitarparts.de/1110.htm it says if they are or arent
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

i have the schallers on my deluxe am strat-i love them! They are staggered for usage of 1 string tree for the e and b strings. It takes me 2 minutes to string my guitar now, and almost 0 winding!!!!!!!!! Perfect tuning all the time, i love it!
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Love them. I had them on my American strat, the Fender/Schaller locking tuners that is. I believe they have staggerd and non-staggered. They'll be on all of my strats eventually.
        My Sound Clips

Comment

I have a Warmoth neck with an angle strat headstock + Schaller locking tuners (the tuners aren't staggered). The tuners work great, and with the angled headstock, there is no need for string trees.
          This machine kills fascists

Comment

I have used the Schallers and they are very nice. I have the locking staggered Sperzals on my Strat, no string trees and no tuning problems at all.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I have a Japanese Squier Strat that I retrofitted with Schaller locking tuners and although mine are not staggered, I don't need ANY string trees, the angle is sufficient and the guitar sounds great.
              Gibson Hawk Series guitars rule!

Fave SD pups: Duncan Custom, Alnico II Pro, Pearly Gates, Phat Cats; Nashville Studio and Alnico II Pro for Tele; a Sadducer in my Crafter acoustic.

Comment

You don't need String trees with Sperzels. I don't know about schallers, I haven't tried them.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've got a set on a B.C.Rich of mine,they work great. Now that I think about it, not only can I not remember whether they are Schaller or Sperzels, but whether or not they are staggered height. You can get them either way though, with either company. Both companies and types are great as long as you aren't using heavy strings, as the opening doesn't accomadate some large gauge strings.
                  ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
                  ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
                  Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
                  X