banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

That is one stripped-down rock block, right there. Very cool.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
      FWIW I think all Warmoth bodies have bridge placement for 25.5" scale. The reasoning being (I assume) that you would then use one of their 24.75" scale "conversion necks" if you're going for something with a Gibby feel.
      ah, i see ... i have always thought that their conversion necks are used to convert strat bodies to the shorter scale - using the neck to make up the difference ... if it works the way you describe, then it wouldnt be a problem, i suppose ... kinda makes me wonder what it even means to have a body specified for a scale if the scale of the resulting instrument is determined by the neck that is attached ... but in their case, i guess the benefit is that they do not have to retool to offer short scale necks designed for short scale bodies ... if they make all their bodies at 25.5, it can work as you describe if the customer wants short scale ... interesting

cheers
      t4d
      Last edited by tone4days; 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM.
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Click on the conversion info link.
        Aint no pro but I know what I like....
        Guitar to sound output:
        Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

I love how much of a "against the norm" statement that guitar is.
          It's almost anti-fashion, and that's cool.

So congrats and rock the hell out of it!
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

I also love the against the grain of the original poster's Warmoth LP. Wish the shots with all the pickups and knobs still worked.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

This is a big reason I have to give mad props to Warmoth. You can make any combination of guitar you want, as long as it is bolt-on in construction. I'm not married to the idea of set-necks at all and think a layer of glue between the neck and body is a bad idea.

I'd LOVE to build a Korina SG (thicker like a Strat) body with an angled Strat neck, a trem and all the fixins. The fact that Warmoth can make intonation compensated "Earvana" nuts out of TusqXL gives them another advantage over ANY corporate guitar.

Nice rig, man!!

Comment

the les paul/strat hybrid is very cool, do you find that you miss the feel of a set neck?..i would luv to add an SG to my collection but i am so used to the feel of the warmoth thin neck w/compound radius that the SG's i have tried felt very wide and clunky for lack of a better term..i have yet to try the ESP version of the SG but i think that might be a similar feel..the idea of a warmoth SG sounds very intriguing...

Comment

Where did you get your wenge knobs from? Did you find a real sweet deal on quality pieces? Do they show flatsawn or quatersawn grain on top?

Build looks good man. =)

Comment

Working...
                  X