banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmoth LP bolt-on?? Haha, I thought it might be sweet...

I have to say: nice axe! you truly put your own ideas in this guitar, and I love it. I'm a 'warmoth les paul' player too... Hell, I have FIVE of them. Oh well, I like guitarp*rn, I can't help myself but posting them Here are my warmoth les pauls:

the tobaccoburst:
    flamed maple on mahogany, wenge neck with macassar ebony board, rio grande BBQ/TX set, with coiltaps.

the cherryburst: padouk neck, macassar ebony board, JB/jazz set, quilt maple on chambered mahogany

the purple quilt:
    AAAAquilt on singlepiece chambered mahogany, hipshot tremolo, brazilian rosewood neck and BRW fingerboard, motherbucker in neck and bridge, prails in the middle (nowadays)

purple flame:
    AAAAAflamed maple on flamed black korina, rio rosewood neck and fingerboard, celtic cross inlay, BKP miracle man pickups, hipshot tremolo

'the other':
    flamed koa top, solid walnut back, ziricote neck, macassar ebony board, custom inlay, old gibson pafs (1969!) and a telecaster bridge singlecoil in the middle, just for the looks...

I sold almost all of my gibsons for warmoth Lp's, and I can say: they rock! the topicstarter made an excellent choice when he got his own warmoth!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
      I have to say: nice axe! you truly put your own ideas in this guitar, and I love it. I'm a 'warmoth les paul' player too... Hell, I have FIVE of them. Oh well, I like guitarp*rn, I can't help myself but posting them Here are my warmoth les pauls:

the tobaccoburst:
      flamed maple on mahogany, wenge neck with macassar ebony board, rio grande BBQ/TX set, with coiltaps.

the cherryburst: padouk neck, macassar ebony board, JB/jazz set, quilt maple on chambered mahogany

the purple quilt:
      AAAAquilt on singlepiece chambered mahogany, hipshot tremolo, brazilian rosewood neck and BRW fingerboard, motherbucker in neck and bridge, prails in the middle (nowadays)

purple flame:
      AAAAAflamed maple on flamed black korina, rio rosewood neck and fingerboard, celtic cross inlay, BKP miracle man pickups, hipshot tremolo

'the other':
      flamed koa top, solid walnut back, ziricote neck, macassar ebony board, custom inlay, old gibson pafs (1969!) and a telecaster bridge singlecoil in the middle, just for the looks...

I sold almost all of my gibsons for warmoth Lp's, and I can say: they rock! the topicstarter made an excellent choice when he got his own warmoth!
      Dude!!! Those things rock!!!

Comment

thats such a rock n roll attitude lookin guitar
        1973 Les Paul Standard
        1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

the tobaccoburst:

the purple quilt:

purple flame:

'the other':

Dude, you have a nice axe collection! I am jealous...

How did you get the women inlays done, was it done by Warmoth? I love that! I didn't see that option...

Your wood selections are all top notch, you have a nice collection no doubt. I'd rather be you than the guy with 100 Gibsons...
          Soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by OlinMusic View Post
            thats such a rock n roll attitude lookin guitar

thanks!
            Soundcloud

Comment

the girl-inlay was done by a friend of mine. the finish of the 2 purpleguitars too. I once had 8 gibson les pauls at the same time, but I sold 5 of them, and replaced them by these guitars. warmoth just rocks, haha.

Comment

I'd say you made a great call, those are some beautiful ladies
                Soundcloud

Comment

Haha, cool! Name it Les Paulcaster or Les Paulster, haha
                  Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

This Page Needs Pron!

Those are all really cool. I love the Lavaburst look to the second ond from the left in the first shot!!!
                    Aint no pro but I know what I like....
                    Guitar to sound output:
                    Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

do you want more pics? if so, I'll open a new topic, so i wont spoil this one

Comment

Do it! Then we can discuss your LP's for a while...
                        Soundcloud

Comment

the tobaccoburst:

the purple quilt:

purple flame:

'the other':

I know this thread is old but I registered to the forum just to ask you a question.
                          How is the tobaccoburst warmoth LP?
                          I've been thinking of building one with those exact woods and I am really wondering how it would sound.

I've gotta to admit I'm pretty scared to order all those parts without even knowing how it's gonna sound.
                          Especially because I'm selling my only 2 good guitars to get that new one.

Basically, I love the feel of the LP R7, R8, R9 but I preffered the tone of the LP Custom I tried compared to the R8 that I also tried in the same amp, same store, same everything.
                          That's why I'm thinking about building one, some sort of "in between" one.

Comment

Originally posted by fourdogslong View Post
                            I know this thread is old but I registered to the forum just to ask you a question.
                            How is the tobaccoburst warmoth LP?
                            I've been thinking of building one with those exact woods and I am really wondering how it would sound.

I've gotta to admit I'm pretty scared to order all those parts without even knowing how it's gonna sound.
                            Especially because I'm selling my only 2 good guitars to get that new one.

Basically, I love the feel of the LP R7, R8, R9 but I preffered the tone of the LP Custom I tried compared to the R8 that I also tried in the same amp, same store, same everything.
                            That's why I'm thinking about building one, some sort of "in between" one.
                            Unfortunately, I haven't seen Orpheo post here in a while so I'm not sure if he still checks the boards. You could try PMing him your enquiry in the hope that he'll get an Email notification from it or something.

Alternatively, there are a lot of very intelligent and experienced people here (I'm not one of them ) who could probably help you out but you might be better off starting a new thread about it.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
                            I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                              Unfortunately, I haven't seen Orpheo post here in a while so I'm not sure if he still checks the boards. You could try PMing him your enquiry in the hope that he'll get an Email notification from it or something.

Alternatively, there are a lot of very intelligent and experienced people here (I'm not one of them ) who could probably help you out but you might be better off starting a new thread about it.

Oh, and welcome to the forums.
                              Thanks for that, I checked Orpheo's profile status and you are right, he hasn't been here for a while, so I sent him an email, hopefully he'll receive it and take the time to reply, that'd be awesome.

I never thought I could talk to someone who own a guitar with the exact same spec as the one I'd like to build!

I'll see what happens and start a new thread if I need to.
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fourdogslong View Post
                                Thanks for that, I checked Orpheo's profile status and you are right, he hasn't been here for a while, so I sent him an email, hopefully he'll receive it and take the time to reply, that'd be awesome.

I never thought I could talk to someone who own a guitar with the exact same spec as the one I'd like to build!

I'll see what happens and start a new thread if I need to.
                                Thanks
                                No worries, man. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck with your project. Hey, if you ever get it finished be sure to come back and post some pictures for us. This machine runs on pr0n.
                                I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Working...
                                X