This is it, i swear!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is it, i swear!

I played a used Tacoma JK50C ( http://www.tacomaguitars.com/models/jumbos/jk50c.htm ) at work on Tuesday and absolutely fell in love with it. One of the most beautiful sounding and playing instruments I've ever set hands on. Solid spruce top, Flamed Koa back and sides, Jumbo cutaway body, abalone inlay.. just beautiful. Bass response is awesome.. smooth as silk.

Long story short.. two days and $500 worth of trade ins (traded in my other acoustic and a few mics I don't use, didn't spend a single penny of cash out of pocket.. the Tacoma lists new for $1900) later, it's sitting next to me. This is the last one, I swear!
    Last edited by Fatty; 03-25-2004, 10:45 PM.
    -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
    I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Nice score. How much are they usually found used? I want a jumbo (loved one Gibson I played, however a lot of them sound bad). I love the Alvarez, but if Tacoma isn't ridiculously expensive, it may be worth a look.
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Tacoma really makes some fine instruments. I dig the tone of the Jumbo's, I just haven't played one yet that is comfortable to me, but I haven't tried this one.

Hope it's all you want.....and we'll see you at the next "GAS" meeting. It's a really cool 12 step program that has no chance of ever curing gas...but we all talk about it.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

They're definately up there... we were selling ours for $700 because it had a few dings on the top (beauty marks, lol).

I didn't want to do it unless I could trade even up.. gotta start saving for that Mustang!
        -Alex

I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I like the fact that soloing is a lot easier on Tacomas, because
          of the large frets. I played a 12 string Tacoma at a music store
          a few weeks ago. I slapped myself in the face a few times to keep my wheels from spinning about how to get it.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
            I like the fact that soloing is a lot easier on Tacomas, because
            of the large frets. I played a 12 string Tacoma at a music store
            a few weeks ago. I slapped myself in the face a few times to keep my wheels from spinning about how to get it.
            Yea, i guess my wheels spun a little too hard.. as soon as I got done playing it, I began going over a mental checklist of how much everything I can live without would be worth on a trade in.
            -Alex

Comment

Re: This is it, i swear!

Originally posted by Fatty
              This is the last one, I swear!
              LOL.....I said that about 20 guitars ago.

Comment

I absolutely love koa
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

Working...
                X