string breakeage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• string breakeage

i own a squier strat and i have a problem with strings breaking. i just cleaned the saddles and lubed them up before i put all new strings on them, so i have to see how that goes. but anyway.... if that doesnt work, is it worth buying all new graph tech or other "string- saving" saddles? if so, could anyone reccomend some ones?

Re: string breakeage

use thinner picks

i reccomend dunlop 60's or red tortex's, thats what i use, and i've only broken one string so far...playing runnin with the devil by van halen...i wonder if thats a sign?
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Dont change your pics, it is not necessary. Start by checking your saddles for any burrs where the string first touches. Im assuming you are breaking strings at the bridge, correct? This can be fixed by taking some very very fine sandpaper or steel wool, and smoothing out the burr or bump. If this does not take care of the problem, graphtech string savers are a solution, but the do change your tone slightly making it a little darker.
      Best of luck,
      Brian
      Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

the angle of the bridge is also a factor... how high is the trem floating?

Comment

Working...
        X