banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To anyone that owns multiple Les Pauls........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To anyone that owns multiple Les Pauls........

I have 2 gibson les pauls and those are my only guitars my #1 is my les paul classic w/ pg/pg and my les paul special faded is obviously my #2 and is stock. lately i have been wanting to sell my #2 and get one of the following guitars like a strat,tele, brian may signiture, p-90 sg, or a regular sg. My opinion, at least in my case, is that if you've got the cash or for some reason hate anything that doesnt have humbuckers, than multiple pauls are good. The reason I say this is that good pauls are a lott-o-cash and once you got a good expensive one you have to spend a bunch of cash to get another than will keep up with your other paul. At a gig, in the time it takes you to switch guitars for different tunings, if your good you could just tune the one you already have on. I would rather have 2 or 3 guitars that are different and can cover everything than have 2 of the same styled guitars that just rival each other, because essentially you will always have one that is better.

Comment

Originally posted by matt99camero
      Dang, I'm just wishing I could afford one real Les Paul. I'd be on cloud nine if I had one, let alone more than one
      Sell one guitar and save up a bunch of cash, thats what I did and I'm only 14, I saved up every penny on my own and work at a grocery store, and trust me, its worth it!! but its true that I don't pay for the roof over my head or the food I eat (at least not all the time) but its still worth it for you

Comment

Thanx for the new replies guys

I'm waiting for an email off another luthier at the min, just as a comparision for the quote I've already had.

As I like alot of different sounds, I'll probably end up keeping my Epi LP if only for a backup to my others

Comment

Hold on... do you have the cash to buy it? Or were you thinking of selling the Epi for some cash to put towards it?

Comment

I mainly use my '56 RI LP loaded with Duncans P90s , this guitar has huge tone that really rocks.
            My hum loaded LPs used to be main axes before I switched to PRS , my '90 std w/A2Ps is the main and the CS class 5 w/59s is the backup.

But I sold my '68 LP to buy a PRS Singlecut (loaded with SLb/'59n) which turned to be my main axe for LP tones . This guitar his it all , huge tone, lightweight, great neck . It's the best LP style guitar I could dream about !
            Pickups used :
            Les Paul: A2'59/'PGn ; SP90-1/SP90-1
            PRS Santana 1: Phat Cats
            PRS CU22 : SLb/'59n ; A2'59b/PGn ; Phat Cats
            PRS McCarty : A2P/A2P ; SL/SL
            PRS Singlecut : Ant/Ant ; SLb/59n
            PRS Modern Eagle : SLb/Antn
            PRS Hollow : Ant/Ant
            PRS Mc Soap : SP90-1/SP90-3 ;SP90-1/SP90-1/SP90-3
            PRS Mc Deluxe : Antiquity II minis
            Strat : APS1TwBg/APS1rwrp/APS1T; APS1TwBg/SSL1rwrp/SSL1;Antiquity II Set;Antiquity Texas Hot Set
            Teles : 59b/PGn ; Ant set ; JDb/SSL1rwrp/SSL1
            SG : SP90-1/SP90-1

Comment

Different colors is excuse enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                Hold on... do you have the cash to buy it? Or were you thinking of selling the Epi for some cash to put towards it?
                I will be getting between £500-£600 from my Grandad after the funeral etc has been paid for, and the rest I have to put in myself. I can afford it, but it's a hell of a lot of money for a guitar!

My idea was to see how much I use my Epi LP after I've had the custom guitar, and if I don't use it all that much, then I can sell it to recoup some of the money spent on the CS LP.

Comment

I am going to risk sounding like a broken record but did you talk to blueline about the custome job? his single cut is a great looking and from what i hear great sounding guitar.

PS i say keep them all as the epi will have a different sound, probably not a better sound than the gibson or the custom but different and sometimes thats what you need when you are playing even if it is only in your home. I have 2 teles and a third is on the way. i have a #1 but i still pick up the other for a different sound and sometimes that different sound however slight it may be is just what i need for my inspiration. It helps to have guitars with very different pickups and set ups and body shapes/woods too.
                  Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
                    I am going to risk sounding like a broken record but did you talk to blueline about the custome job? his single cut is a great looking and from what i hear great sounding guitar.

PS i say keep them all as the epi will have a different sound, probably not a better sound than the gibson or the custom but different and sometimes thats what you need when you are playing even if it is only in your home. I have 2 teles and a third is on the way. i have a #1 but i still pick up the other for a different sound and sometimes that different sound however slight it may be is just what i need for my inspiration. It helps to have guitars with very different pickups and set ups and body shapes/woods too.
                    Thanx for the post

I had thought about asking Blueline about a Custom guitar (especially after the job he made to Fatty's Tele) but as he lives in the States and I live in the UK I'd also have to set back an amount of money for delivery and customs charges etc. So I'd have less money for the actual guitar.

The 2 luthiers I've emailled for quotes are: http://www.dalmedoguitars.co.uk/ and http://www.gajicguitars.com/

I think I may keep the Epi afterall, as it is a good guitar and I always like having lots of sounds available when recording etc

Comment

I have multiple guitars and while I thought about selling them in the past, I really need them for alternate tunings. My Epi LP is a "beater" guitar, but when I'm practicing around the house or need a really weird tuning live that I don't want to mess around with during a set, it's there.

The Grosh Bent Top Custom is my #1 and odds are, will be for the next 60 years. Unfortunately, because of the trem, I can't really use different tunings with it, so it's pidgeon-holed as my standard tuning guitar.

The Dean Chafin Del Sol is the backup to my Grosh, it sounds great and I can get awesome inbetween LP and Strat tones. I use alternate tunings with it as well.
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
                      X