banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Marshall reissue the Jubilees!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Marshall reissue the Jubilees!!!

Its there 40th anniversary and these things are highly coveted and would be bought by tons of people, after all they are probably the best high gain amps Marshall ever built (Sorry DSL lovers :0)! Or better yet, they have a new series for the anniversary that is just as good (dream on right?).... Ive only played one once but to me, it took everything i love about the JCM 800 and nearly perfected it, the silver jubilee 2555 is the amp the JCM 900 SHOULD have been! Now REISSUE THEM!!!.....again.......
    EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Ok, I'll go for the re-issue of the Jubilee amps IF they use the same components as the original ones used AND they build them the exact same way. That's the only way they're going to have the same tone. The new Marshall re-issues don't have the same tone as the originals did. If they're not going to have the same tone, why bother with calling an amp a re-issue.

Comment

I really think the Jubilee's were the best sounding high gain Marshalls, outta the box. There was a time when I had a new
      DSL 50 w/newer Axiom trannies, and my 2550 50W Silver Jubilee
      with the bigger Drake Trannies. I had them both side by side on cabs, to A/B them. The difference was that the DSL was more versatile on the gain channel, but not as good tonewise, all around. The Jubilee has just about the same amount of gain, but sounds richer, more articulate, and cranked sounding.
      The DSL, however, covers more bases between vintage and super modern tones on it's OD channel. On the gain channel,
      I'd say the Jubilee wins.

On the clean channel, those amps sound a lot different.
      The DSL has a big fat rich clean channel that's tubby in the mids
      and sounds like a cross between a JMP and Plexi.
      The Jubilee has a real glassy and tubey clean channel, but it's a narrower tone, more like a Vox, cranked up loud.
      I wouldn't say one's better than the other for cleans.

The Jubilee was one of the first Marshalls to have an FX loop,
      and may be the first to have a half power switch and direct out.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Isn't that what the Slash model is?
        ]
        FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar3000
          Isn't that what the Slash model is?
          Yes. That was also the very first signature artist model ever produced by Marshall.

Comment

Re: Why doesn't Marshall reissue the Jubilees!!!

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
            Its there 40th anniversary and these things are highly coveted and would be bought by tons of people, after all they are probably the best high gain amps Marshall ever built (Sorry DSL lovers :0)! Or better yet, they have a new series for the anniversary that is just as good (dream on right?).... Ive only played one once but to me, it took everything i love about the JCM 800 and nearly perfected it, the silver jubilee 2555 is the amp the JCM 900 SHOULD have been! Now REISSUE THEM!!!.....again.......
            It's called the "Slash sig. model"!
            You could also look for a used 2550 or 2555 JCM 800 in the black tolex covering, it's the exact same head as the silver jubilee.
            They sound great!, Wish I still had mine

Comment

Whenever great stuff gets reissued, they always find a way to "**** it up."

Comment

I'm not a big fan of the Slash reissues, nor do I care for the '87 silver ones. Marshall got it right with the black & gold, so I don't see a reason to "fix" it. I wouldn't mind a proper reissue however as I should probably find a backup for my '88 2555.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Slash heads normally go used for $900 to $1000. I believe they're the same circuit. Just like any amp, tubes play a big part in the tone of a Jubilee. I've heard them sound skinny and heard ones that sound like a ton of bricks. They came with Siemens
                  EL-34's and probably Chinese pre tubes. Anything that's as good as Siemens, like Svetlana or Tesla, is what belongs in those.

As for pre tubes...In my 2550, I put EI's new Gold Elite ECC83's
                  in it. I got turned onto those by revolutionguitar.com.
                  They have gold plated pins, not that it matters much, but the tone
                  of EI pre's in a Marshall is gainy and fat.

Comment

I hear so much bad stuff about the EIs being microphonic that I have been hestitant to try them. I am told the good ones sounds really good but they are difficult to separate the good from the bad. How long have you run them?
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

I hear so much bad stuff about the EIs being microphonic that I have been hestitant to try them. I am told the good ones sounds really good but they are difficult to separate the good from the bad. How long have you run them?
                      I've heard that too, about microphonics. I think it was probably more of an issue with N.O.S. ones. I was hesitant to try them, since I'd heard that, but was convinced by a lot of Marshall and Vox owners that they sound great.

Gainy and fat is how I would describe their sound. I tried them in my Chieftain and didn't like them for some reason.
                      The Jubilee loves them. Most tube distributors will try and send you one's that are tested to be fine. They also should have an exchange policy, if a tube turns out to be bad.

Comment

Go with your Ear
                        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Thats what i heard too so i havent gotten them, but maybe i will, after all pre amp tubes are pretty cheap generally...
                          EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

I have to pick a couple up, they are cheap... Guy said his best EI have come from Lord Valve. But he has a bunch of crap ebay ones too.
                            ]
                            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!

Comment

Working...
                            X