banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Dislike Warmoth's New Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Else Dislike Warmoth's New Website?

Originally posted by Hot _Grits
    Well, as someone who builds websites for a living, I'm not too attracted to the very rudimentary design and poor use of the 'institutional' green as the main colour, but the dhtml menu system is a massive improvement in site navigability. The old site was astoundingly poor from a navigation point of view.
    I feel the same way. I imagine that if I were a first time visitor I would have an easier time on the new site than the old. I think all you guys were just comfortable with the old website.
    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Reminds me of the design of the ed roman site.

looks boring but its easy to navigate.

getting to gutiar bodies took too long on the old site.
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Prefer this one....
        There's nothing quite as satisfying as a dancing banana...

Comment

I think it looks better. I had a bit of a hard time getting around though. And for the life of me I couldn't find the darn prices anymore. I had to call them to ask where they were. The rep said that's been common now. I suggested they make the prices easier to find.

Comment

well, having looked at it a bit more ...
            from a design standpoint, the overall navigation will be better, in time, however right now, it really takes me more clicks to get where I need to go.

But they did clean it up, and use a consistent design - the old site had sort of grown organically over time, and the pages were inconsistent

I did notice, for instance, that if I wanted to look at "guitar pickups", I had to click twice - the first time I got "bass pickups".

I also don't care for mid justification in tables of price lists - it's just unusual, and more difficult for the eye to follow.

as for the color scheme - they went out of their way to make each area a different color - some work, and some don't

more importantly, for us - their prices on Antiquities are way high!

of course, all this criticism puts the heat on me to clean up my own site!
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

tell ya the truth, I like it, one you get around the color.
              You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Yeah, all the colors I've seen so far have been mildly nauseating

Comment

Working...
                X