Yo, Butch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo, Butch!

Hey man, this has been driving me crazy. I listen to ALOT of Alan Jackson, Trace Adkins, and other guys who usually sing in A. Well, I hear alot of heavy stuff. Like a low "E" string dropped or something, but I dont know to what. At first I thought it was a bass, but it didnt have the tone of a bass, it's a tele. Is it a common country tuning for those who sing in A to drop the low E string?
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: Yo, Butch!

Could it be a baritone?

Comment

Not unless it was the Fender CS Sub-Sonic Tele. You've gotta hear it, it's a tele, no doubt in my mind. It's also on Sara Evan's "Suds in the Bucket". I'm such a hick, LOL.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Sara Evans = Hot.

I have no idea what the sound is.

But Sara Evans is really hot.
        "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
          Not unless it was the Fender CS Sub-Sonic Tele. You've gotta hear it, it's a tele, no doubt in my mind. It's also on Sara Evan's "Suds in the Bucket". I'm such a hick, LOL.
          You don't "need" a baritone to play that low, it just helps to have one for the correct intonation etc.

That low note appears to be a Bb. Maybe the guitarist tuned that low - Bb standard?
          My clips

Originally posted by Rid
          How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by beandip

Not necessarily, Baritones have been around (partigularly in "twangier scenes" like country) for decades.

And as far as "got to be a tele" goes: I´ve heard tracks by Duane allman or ****ey Betts where they were using a Les paul and I was 100% sure it was a strat. It´s amazing what you can do in the studio
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Well, you can use a baritone or a subsonic. I would have liked to say that "Suds In The Bucket" (great tune) was done by Brent Mason on his Danelectro baritone that his wife got him for Christmas, but he's no where on that CD. I believe it was a Tele with a drop-tuning. I do a lot of stuff like that. Teles are great for drop-tunings.
              -Butch Snyder
              butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Heck all the time I thought they were doing this with their B or G benders. And yes Sara is soooo HOT

Comment

*sigh*

Comment

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers...
                    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Last edited by KoreanGuitarMan; 08-17-2004, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

she's even gorgeous when she's pregnant (#3 due next month)

she'll be here next week for the MD state fair

cheers
                          t4d
                          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

I wonder how Sara would look in a G-Bender

Comment

so what if you hijacked my thread. I got my answer, now, s'more Sara Evans!

Comment

Working...
                              X