No announcement yet.

Need help with Soldano HR50....Urgent!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Soldano HR50....Urgent!!

Hi guys,

I've got the chance to buy a Soldano HR50 with the XL mod for around $850. As far as I know it's near enough brand new, and I can probably knock the price down a bit. I need to know the following:

1. Is that a good price (bear in mind I'm in the UK where a new one would cost $1900 +)

2. Is it true that they have a more 'modded marshall' sound than the high gain sort of the SLO?

3. I play mainly rock stuff and I am looking for something to A/B with my Laney VH100R to give me a creamy singing lead sound. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help much obliged.

I'd pay $850 for one of those here in the U.S.

I'd jump all on that if I was you.

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.
    Last edited by JOLLY; 03-26-2004, 09:38 AM.

Comment

That's a great amp that I would seriously consider buying for $850. Tone-wise it's very similar to an SLO, and I would say that both the SLO and HR50 sound like an extremely good modded Marshall.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

i have an older soldano hot rod 50 (1992)#36!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i love it with the gain 5 or lower you get that marshally vibe if you crank the gain it screams i a/b it with a marshall sl-x . the hot rod 50 is the same "circut" as the SLO's lead channel without the clean/crunch channel and only 50 watts if it is a hotrod+ then it has a clean channel and not the SLO crunch channel . about the XL mod according to mike soldano he himself is not a big fan of this mod because it sound to bassy on the clean channel but if it is a single channel hot rod that shouldn't be a problem . $850 is a little much for a single channel hot rod in the USA but i guess not in the UK for a hot rod + it is a great price !!! just get it already !!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Yeah, don't snooze on it. They go quickly on the used Market.
          SLO's are harder to sell because there's now a lot of competition in the $2000 range. Hot Rod 50's are a lot of amp for $700-$900.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

you got that right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
            Suhr OD-50
            Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

Working...
            X