Melancon guitars= customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melancon guitars= customer service

A while back, I responded to questions about this company. A good friend of mine ordered a guitar from Melancon guitar (he is an endorser). He absolutely loves his axe (and he already has Parker and PRS in his arsenal). He says it is the best guitar he has ever played.

Back to the future: A guitarist at church (Brian) told me a couple of weeks ago that he had met Mr. Melancon. They talked guitars and pickups, and the problems with modern pups. Brian ended up having Melancon custom make him some PAF pups for his LP. He received and installed them, and he used this axe in church yesterday. He is VERY satisfied with the results.

How can this be? Melancon is still a fairly small operation, and everything is custom-made by hand (you know, the essentials--woods, pups, etc). He is a self-taught luthier.

The point of this thread? I guess to promote a (fairly) local custom shop to the forum before he grows too fast to be able to provide such individual assistance. (since I can't alleviate my GAS, I thought I'd share it).

Man, I'd love to be able to order something....
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Re: Melancon guitars= customer service

yeah, I was Buffalo Bros one time, and they spoke highly of the craftsmanship of Melancon. I believe they're fairly reasonable, too.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Yeah, I have been gassing over a Melancon for a while now...

I'm seriously thinking about selling a few of my guitars and ordering one, but I'm not sure how much I'll get stung by freight and customs etc...maybe I'll have to wait until I'm next travelling to North America and bring one home...

Comment

Jonny - PM me if you wanna know how to get something over here cheaper than the usual way.
        'Without music life would be a mistake'.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Comment

I told you guys, Melancon is good stuff Welcome to the world of boutique, hand made guitars (and yes, all you Hamer people who constantly praise their craftsmanship, you will be heartbroken to see other guitar builders make better feeling, sounding and playing instruments )
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
          X