• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krank amps

anyone tried them? they seem pretty amazing
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: krank amps

I seem to recall Gearjoneser giving them a write-up a while back....he knows the guy at Revolution Amps & test drove 1 or 2.

They do look pretty d@mn sweet! I like the 2x12 combo or the Cambridge 45 head (I think it's called the Cambridge)........

What I don't get is their tag line about making top quality amps at a working musicians price......they're all over $1000.00, so........
    Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 08-17-2004, 05:34 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

No matter what people reviewed in the past, I remember Harmony-Central was having problems with the company countering negative feedback about the amps with their own positive feedback... a big no-no in my book. A company that has to resort to posting fake feedback to make up for the faults in their amps, don't deserve to be around IMHO.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I checked 'em out at NAMM back in January. It seemed to me that they were shooting for something somewhere between a DSL and a Recto. Not my cup o' tea. . .but then neither is a Recto.

Their cabs look cool but I'd hate to try micing a cab with that big @$$ metal grille.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
        My Music

Comment

Sorry, the one I was talking about is called the Chadwick 50.......

CHADWICK 50 WATT KLASSIC HEAD
          MSP $1299

- One channel, purist tube amplifier
          - 50 tube watts

The Chadwick is our version of a one channel classic amp, ala JMP/AC-30.

This baby does the SRV tone to AC/DC to everything inbetween. 50 watts of classic tube tone. Gain, drive, envelope, treble, mid, bass, and volume all help you find your dream tone. Any classic player from rock to country will fall in love with this amp fast.

Looks & sounds pretty sweet..................
          Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 08-17-2004, 02:01 PM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
          Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
          FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
          http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I really want to try out that Chadwick, just for the sake of it.

I did go to revolutionguitar, which is primarily an Ebay store, and his location is appointment only. I ran the Revolution 100 head through it's paces.
            I like the fact that it's laid out very neat, with minimal bells and whistles.
            It's a 4 6L6 amp, so the cleans were very nice. They reminded me of the sound of Peavey Classic cleans....very full and well balanced. I liked the clean channel more than a Mesa Rec's clean channel.

The Gain channel is voiced perfect for metal players. It didn't have the greatest midgain tones, but that's what the Chadwick 50 is for. The Krank Revolution is designed for guys who love Mesa Rec's, Randalls, and DSL/TSL's. The heavy channel is awesome for metal! It's best feature is a sweep knob, which changes the vibe of the gain channel from G. Lynch type tones, to crushing Nu Metal type tones.
            It'll stomp on a 5150 and I liked it better than most Mesa Rec's I've plugged into.
            It's priced to compete with most Marshalls, Mesas, and Randalls, but isn't quite up to par with more expensive highgain amps like Bogners, Diezels, VHT's, or H&K.
            Those amps have more sonic detail, sustain, and versatility.
            The Krank is a big glassy clean tone that stays clean, and a humongous metal tone that can be voiced more midrangey and classic or more crunchy and angry.
            I think they're worth $1000-$1200, which is what they sell for. They have tons of gain, which is why a person would want it.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I remember the negitive post thing on HC. Everytime someone posted a negitive review, 10 positives would be posted to burry it.

HC actually had to go in a delete most of the reviews.

Krank also removed the "Satisfaction Guarenteed" sales pitch off their website. It's rumored that the reason was due to too many returns.....

-----
              Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I've never played one, but I did a bunch of research into them when looking for an amp. I'm just posting what I learned.
              -----

No matter how you tune it, the clean channel is said to be rather sterile sounding. Also, the gain channels only sound good really loud. They don't even sound good sorta loud, but only really loud.

To get them to sound good, you need to buy their cab. They have custom speakers that tames the amps harsh top end. Through a Marshall or Mesa cab all those highs come through (particularily models with V-30's in them). So if you want on of their amps, budget on getting their cab too.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Well it does mean ill in German......hehe they can keep them

Comment

Yeah, I don't want to say it's better or worse than any amp, but it's definitely one to consider if you're looking for a rock/metal amp in the $1000 price range.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                  X