Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me all about Jeff Seal's mods.

What can he do?
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Re: Tell me all about Jeff Seal's mods.

I'm sure if you PM'd him he'd be able to tell you
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Yeah, but I'm sure some other folks would like to hear this also, and some others here have some of his amps.
      `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

I think Jeff H has one modded by him...

well someone has a JCM 800 with a fender clean channel done by jeff seal

he'll probably turn up soon
        My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Bump

Comment

Basically, I do ultra-custom amp mods (individual basis only). Please feel free to e-mail me at:

[email protected]

and I will answer all your questions, but I don't pay for Seymour Duncan's webspace, so I would really not want to go into great detail's about it here.... just out of respect!

Jeff Seal
            ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
            www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Yeah somone mentioned that they had a Jeff Seal modded marshall 2205 or 2210 that sounded a billion jillion times better than stock and had a blackface-spec clean channel with a mid control. Maybe it was Kevlar 3000?? anyway I may have to look into that as it may be the Marshall I always dreamed about

Comment

B2D - yeah it sounds awesome from the description!

marshal OD fender cleans

its like the remedy to the Fender/Gibson in one guitar thing.. except possible lol
                My clips

Originally posted by Rid

Comment

Sorry I'm late on this thread. I am the one that has a Jeff Seal modded 2205. It's actually the 4212 combo, but most recognize the 2205 term eaiser.

Let me tell you that this is one wicked amp. The cleans really are Fender Blackface quality, no BS. Rich, chimey, open sounding. The midrange pot Jeff puts in is a really nice touch. He puts it on the inside of the chassis so no additional holes are drilled. That does make it a tad harder to adjust, but I find that with the clean channel I don't have to mess with the mids very much...and for those who have a 2 channel Marshall, you never had one anyway, so boost the mids a notch and leave it alone. Anyhow, add a touch of reverb to the clean channel and you are just in heaven.

The OD channel is also something to behold. Jeff can voice it to almost any type gain factor you want. I simply gave him some examples of the tones I like, the artist's...ect and he did the rest. I wanted more of a classic Marshall tone, with a more useable gain sweep. What I mean by that is when my Marshall was stock, I really couldn't tell much of a difference in the gain from around 3-7 on the knob. It was only 7-10 where the gain seemed to change. I set it on 7 or so for AC/CD type crunch, and 9 for VH sounds, and 10 for all else. What Jeff did was voice my gain channel towards the Plexi range and the classic full throttle 2204. Now I get AC/DC type crunch around 4 on the gain knob, Van Halen around 7 and from there up I have more gain on tap then I ever had before. If I had wanted it voiced towards a Silver Jubilee he could have done that. If I had wanted Soldano sounding gain, he could have done that, or Bogner or practically any type of tone I could want. I wanted classic Marshall that was open, harmonically rich and articulate.

It's not just gain that Jeff gave me, it's useable gain. Every gain setting is very articulate. You can hear each note ring out no matter what the gain is set on. It's like someone took a blanket off the amp, and allowed the sound to just flow. It sounds like all of the great recordings of your favorite artists using Marshall's and you say....that's the Marshall tone I want. Jeff can give that to you without having to be in a specially designed sound room with thousands of dollars worth of recording equipment, mikes and sound engineers. There are also too many features to the mod to go into, but my amp has 4 or 5 push pull switches for bass boost, gain boost, ect. There is a push pull that allows me to get very decent OD tones at very low volumes. It's not the same as the power tubes cooking full blast, but for having the master and channel volumes set under 2, it's damn fine.

In short....this is the best money you can spend on an amp if you have a Marshall already. The sound difference will put you up there with the Soldano's, Bogners and Matchless amps for a fraction of the cost. I'm not saying that this mod outdoes those amps, but the sound quality if up there. Tone is too subjective. What I do know is that for the money, this amp sounds close enough to the high dollar amps to make the difference in $$ it would cost me to get one, not worth it.

For the cost of a boutique OD pedal (like the Fulltone Fulldrive II) and a new set of pickups you can have your amp modded. I can't give you the exact price, because every mod is personalized, and that wouldn't be fair to Jeff. Most of you spend more than this mod costs farting around with trying a bunch of pickups, strings, tuning machines, nuts ect on your guitars.

Call or e-mail Jeff, and he will hook you up.
                  Last edited by Jeff_H; 08-18-2004, 10:10 AM.
                  My Sound Clips

Comment

Working...
                  X