No announcement yet.

guitar string tone-more or less steel!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guitar string tone-more or less steel!

I'm a nickel plated man, but want to try the classics for pure nickel, what do you all prefer!
    100% nickel
    50.00%
    Nickel plated
    50.00%
    Steel
    0%
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: guitar string tone-more or less steel!

I use Everly B-52s in .10 gauge. Quite simply the best string you will ever find.
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

I prefer pure nickel. I don't mind nickel-plated but even expensive strings are pretty cheap compared to a nice guitar. . .

I've recently gone from PRS strings to Snake Oil Strings, designed by the guy who used to make Scalars. They break in quickly and last a good long time. Oh, and they sound great, too.
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
      My Music

Comment

Originally posted by texasguitarslinger
        I use Everly B-52s in .10 gauge. Quite simply the best string you will ever find.
        YES! YES! YES! I've been telling everyone that for a while. The sound of nickel and the tarnish resistance of stainless.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I like and use stainless steel strings. They're hellish on frets but the overtones are incredible.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

ive used steel in the past and it has lots of output and a strong top end, i tend to use nickel strings more now since i do more blues and i think the warmer tone is more suited to that style.

Comment

really, does nickel tend to rust alot? I have nickel plated slinkeys right now and i want to switch to pure nickel for a change.
              2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Does Everly have a website??

Comment

Originally posted by papersoul
                  Does Everly have a website??
                  ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

I think Everly says they use more Iron? DR sayd their compression winding makes a huge difference.

Comment

I don't know how more iron could help prevent tarnish, doesn't iron tarnish easier than nickel and steel? Confused

Comment

Man . . . thats one heckuva Flash animation on the website.

(It was great!)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                          Man . . . thats one heckuva Flash animation on the website.

(It was great!)
                          Yeah, I had to go download some Everly Brothers songs after the first time I went there.
                          ~Sid

Comment

what do u guys think of Elixirs?
                            There is no spoone
                            - The Matricks

Comment

expensive, big hype with the little clear coat deal they have goin on. I'd rather wipe my strings down after every set than pay for elixirs.

Comment

Working...
                              X