X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Dis plus, Boss DS-1 and Boss MT-2

Which do you like most?

I only have a Danelectro Fabtone,
    so I have no idea what those sounds like compared to mine...

Seems that the MT-2 and DS-1 are the most popular.
    Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
    Danelectro Fab-tone
    Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
    Digitech Whammy 2
    MXR M-101 PHASE 90
    Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Re: MXR Dis plus, Boss DS-1 and Boss MT-2

I have a modified MT-2 that kicks ass. I didn't dig the DS-1 much. Never tried the others.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I don't use the phrase "hate" that often...but I hate the MXR Distortion +. It really chaps my ass.

Comment

I have an early 80's MXR distortion + and I like it. I don't use it much because it is noisy. Now I use Analog Man and Keeley modified Tube screamers. Those are great.

Comment

The DS1 rocks..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

If you want a high gain pedal (an awesome one) and don't mind spending the moolah, then the G2D Morpheus hauls. I used to have a MT2 (unmodified) and replaced it with the Morpheus after I tried the Morpheus in a shop.

It sounds huge.

Comment

I have an unmodified MT-2, and itīs awesome for that Symphony of Destruction sound. Boss MT-2+Boss Digital Dimension = nice "riffing" sound.
              Itīs so sweet...

Comment

I might actually be able to mod that stock MT-2 if you're interested.
                Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                Originally posted by Sosomething
                "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Let's put it this way, the MXR Distortion + sounds exactly like one of the channels on the MXR Double Shot I had before. It was noisy and the sound quality was horrible. Stay far far away from it. MXR makes good stuff, but overdrive and distortion is not it

The MT-2 and DS-1 are both very different beasts. I'm leaning towards the DS-1 because I hate raspy high gain stuff. If you play lots of metal, you might want appreciate it more. The DS-1 just handles overdriving and boosting better for tube amps. There are so many mods out for it it's unreal. Unmodded, I haven't heard much praise... but I'm sure one of John's mods would make it awesome. That's my .02.
                  Originally posted by kevlar3000
                  I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                  Originally posted by Zerberus
                  Better is often the enemy of good
                  Originally posted by ginormous
                  Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

why are the ds-1 so cheap and the mxr dis plus so expensive??
                    Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
                    Danelectro Fab-tone
                    Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
                    Digitech Whammy 2
                    MXR M-101 PHASE 90
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

Working...
                    X