good tube amp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good tube amp??

hey whats a good tube amp for under 1000 bucks canadian??

Re: good tube amp??

What kind of music do you play? I guess it's heavy, based on looking at your avatar. And how much money is $1,000 Canadian in US dollars? One amp to consider is the Traynor 40 watt tube combo. It has a Fender like channel and a Marshall like channel. I think they are a Canadian company, too.
    GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
    KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

what style of music do you play? do you play with a band, or just at home? is portability an important factor?
      gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
      '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
      mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
      marshall 1960A 4x12
      and a few pedals

Comment

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

i play mostyly hard rock like guns n roses led zepplin AC/DC stuff like that and portability is not a factor.....and im not sure how much $1000 can is in the US

Comment

It's kind of tricky picking an amp on a recommendation. Go to the store and play some amps. If you like your sound on one. Buy it. You can go to http://www.yorkville.com/products.asp?type=32&cat=18
            to see the Traynor amps.
            GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
            KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Does anyone know what I'm going to recommend? :fing25:

Get a used Marshall JCM800, 2 channel, like the 2205 or 2210. Either the head or combo. You should be able to pick one of these up around $600 us give or take a little. Then spend annother $400 or so having it modded by Jeff Seal. You will end up with an amp that has the nicest Fender type cleans you've ever heard comming from a Marshall....and Jeff will voice the gain stage to whatever flavor you want. Plexi, 2204, Silver Jubilee. Want more gain....Soldano, Bogner type gain. My amp is absolutely amazing, and I have less than a grand into it. It will compete with amps that cost twice as much.

Just 2 new pennies from me to rub together!
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
                Does anyone know what I'm going to recommend? :fing25:

Get a used Marshall JCM800, 2 channel, like the 2205 or 2210. Either the head or combo. You should be able to pick one of these up around $600 us give or take a little. Then spend annother $400 or so having it modded by Jeff Seal. You will end up with an amp that has the nicest Fender type cleans you've ever heard comming from a Marshall....and Jeff will voice the gain stage to whatever flavor you want. Plexi, 2204, Silver Jubilee. Want more gain....Soldano, Bogner type gain. My amp is absolutely amazing, and I have less than a grand into it. It will compete with amps that cost twice as much.

Just 2 new pennies from me to rub together!
                that sounds like a killer amp with mods. however i live in a small town in nova scotia so i dont know of anywhere where i could get it modded around here but a use jcm800 would be really nice thanks for the input

Comment

Just get on the internet, check the used gear ads, and grab a Marshall DSL 50 head for around $650 US. If you need to wait till you have more money to get a cabinet, just wire the speakers on a combo into a female jack, then plug the head into that.
                  For the tones you like, the DSL will serve you well, from cleans to highgain lead tones.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                  X